Complaint Review: datasphere technologies

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: Lindsey C. — Houston Texas
datasphere technologies
15395 SE 30th Pl. Bellevue, Washington USA

Datasphere Techbologies False Promises. Lied. Did not deliver results. Lied about contract. Fraud Tempe Arizona

*Author of original report: To top it off

I own my own carpet cleaning business. My brother is a lawyer and my son is a real estate agent. We all bought 3 different packages from DataSphere on our local news station webpage. They offer  3x3 rotating banmer ad, a video that they make which is around 90 seconds and a coupon network.  The coupon network has been decent. The rest is terrible.

A representative from a 480 area-code contacted me one afternoon stating they were calling on behalf of KHOU our local news source  The representative said they work with 100's of new stations accross the country and that they can help drive business to my carpet cleaning business. They said they do a video workup, a half page news article on me and I get a banner ad that displays on the homepage of the news website.  The reps name was Steve and he told me that this is typically a $800 advertising package but he was In goof spirits today and he would get the new station president to agree to so it for $299 a month.

All of this sounded to good to be true to I asked for an email and said I wanted the afternoon to decide. When Steve found out I was former military he told me he was too and we are family and he wouldnt steer me wrong. He then said they dont have email capability and by the time I got the email some other girl in hos office would have sold the spot. He then told me the other girl was not a nice person and he didnt want to lose the sale to her so would I please just give him my credit card and he would reserve the spot.  I gave in as he got me excited and told me the other carpet cleaners he signed up are getting 8 to 10 leads that turn into revenue every single month.  So I signed up.

Let me say this.  The profile page that is supposed to be apart of the news website... well it's not. It is on a Datasphere.com page and it is not a news story on me it is basically a couple paragraphs that they stole off of my website.

The video. It is not an interview with me. No camera was at my shop. It was a picture slideshow video with a guy with a strong accent describing my business. It was mid level. My college daughter could have made it just ws well. Actually better because it's rushed.

The main selling point... the ad.. get this.  It's on the community page not the homepage. You have to go to www.khou.com and its not there. You habe to click the "neighborhoods" button. Then select the neighborhood I paid all that money for, then ot os on a rotation. So one out of every 6 page views my ad might display.

I signed up for a high traffic wwbsite and at the end of my 60 days... my second month I had 10 official impressions.  My son holding a sign at starbucks coffee would be more effective.

Well it gets more aggrivating...

The rep pushed me to pay the $299 a month for 12 months all up front so I could get a little 10 % discount. Foolish as I am I did it. $3,229.20. Done.  Hit my American Express immiediately.

So I call to cancel TWO months in.  They said I have to pay 40 % of my remaining co tract. I told them no way and they said "You paid in full up front so we have your money. So we will send you the remaining minus 40 percent.  So I am screwed for paying up front.

I spent thousands of dollars and did not get one single return on this investment.  My brother the lawyer. Same thing. Didnt get any business. My son the realtor... can you guys... no business.

My son paid month to month and camceled early so they sent him to collections and it damaged his credit.

Weatherchannel used to be one of their news sources they sold for and weather fired them. As habe many other stations owned by gannett.  Stay far away.

This is bogus. I wasted so much valueable marketing dollars.

F

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/datasphere-technologies/Bellevue-Washington-98007/Datasphere-Techbologies-False-Promises-Lied-Did-not-deliver-results-Lied-about-contrac-1096853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on datasphere technologies

To top it off

AUTHOR: Lindsey C. - ()

Sorry for the grammer and spelling as I am using my daughters IPAD.

When we were done with my order. They though I had hung up after we said goodbye.. and I didnt. I could here someone scream at the top of there lungs. "STEVO 400 DOLLAR DEAL PAID IN FULL. KICKNG ASS" and then I heard clapping and applause.  Very distasteful