Complaint Review: Dating Site Builder

• Updated: Sat, June 23, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Alabama United States of America
Dating Site Builder
San Jose, California United States of America

Dating Site Builder Datingsitebuilder.com Datingsitebuilder.com is not a reputable company - scammed me out of $450 San Jose, California

*Consumer Comment: The thing you call crappy does work!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Easy to Navigate

*General Comment: Great Software

Beware of using Datingsitebuilder.com!

Goron, Brandon, David, and anyone else in their organization are not credible at all. I signed up with them in October 2011, and in late December 2011 asked for my account to be cancelled and asked for a refund, as they did nothing that they said they would do, and provided no service. Getting them to communicate with you is almost impossible, because any time I would call them, I was asked to "sumit a ticket" through the help desk, rather than just talk to Gordon on the phone, which he clearly did not want to do.

I started with a basic site, then, in order to add more features, expanded to their top level site, then ordered from them 1000 custom profiles. After I placed the order, I noticed that the few profiles that they were uploading onto my site were not customized at all to the specifications I had asked for. I had to send repeated emails to their support office telling them that the profiles were wrong, and asked when they would be uploaded (because they told me it would take up to 2 weeks). After waiting over 4 weeks, I had only 191 profiles uploaded of the 1000 that I ordered. I then asked to cancel my account and asked for a refund. I received no refund at all (even though the company they use to process my payments have told me via email that they owe me the refund!!), and also they still have not signed over to me the rights to my domain name that they registered for me.I paid them (and lost) $450, plus I lost my domain name which they will not give back.

I have filed a report with the San Jose, California Better Business Bureau, as well witht he domain registrar that holds their domain address.

DO NOT USE Datingsitebuilder under any circumstances! They are not reputable and will steal your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dating-Site-Builder/San-Jose-California-/Dating-Site-Builder-Datingsitebuildercom-Datingsitebuildercom-is-not-a-reputable-company-834559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dating Site Builder

The thing you call crappy does work!!!!

AUTHOR: daniel simpson - (United States of America)

The thing you call crappy script are all well functioning in me. I just don't know whats happening in your site and what condition you are having right now just laugh at your post giving negative reviews in this very well functioning company. Wanna be this thankful to the dating site builder. I adore your company this much.!!!!!.... thank you....

Easy to Navigate

AUTHOR: lance gordon - (United States of America)

"Dating Site Builder is a great site considering it is free.

Online dating, whether free or paid for, always has uneducated people, misfits, depressed people, and for lack of a better term, creeps. Guess what other place has this as well? The real world.The nice thing about dating site builder is that there are plenty of decent, real people. DSB forces people to write a profile, the layout is decent, and those simple quiz questions are a good way to test people's values and knowledge. I met and had a girlfriend from overseas using dating site builder. That is one thing people don't realize, there are people from all over the world, not just the US on the site.Ultimately, the place is free.  In my experience, dating site builder is much better than any other dating sites."

#3 General Comment

Great Software

AUTHOR: steven myles - (United States of America)

Great software here in dating site builder, great support, and good price compared to services. It's very easy to customize, especially I can easily drag and drop contents. Support is limited to help desk but response is fast. Overall, using the dating site builder is easier than riding on the wave!