Complaint Review: David Cholakian

2121 Ala Wai Honolulu, Hawaii USA
  • Phone: 808-772-7802
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

David Cholakian HawaiiDcc, Honolulu Rental Deposit return delayed and charged excessive fees outside of agreement Honolulu Hawaii

Dave and his wife Elle seemed to be very understanding and good people, we rented from them for a few months and the place looked immaculate. They were understanding of a delay in getting funds to Hawaii during our stay in Waikiki due to banking difficulties in the state of Hawaii with national banks. My business partner and I rented the unit at 2121 Ala Wai, Honolulu, HI 96815.

Upon our exit David would not come by for a walk through, he stated he was ok with us leaving the key and cleaning up and he would inform us of any concerns. Our deposit was to be returned, less $175 cleaning fee, this included all standard exit expenses.

He then delayed return of payment by several weeks making excuses of complaints and asked me to come meet him, he knew I was stateside and it would cost me $1000’s to come to him. When I finally received the check after threatening an attorney, it was short of what was to be returned by over $700. He included a bill for damaged closet door, damaged shutters and charged for smoking since he found a pack of cigarettes and also charged for deep cleaning and upholstery cleaning in addition to standard cleaning.

Fact is my partner smoked but never inside the unit, also the closet door was damaged from day one. Regardless Mr. Cholakian charged us for the same cleaning 3 different ways. When I asked him to resolve this he refused. He also started bringing up our background from his credit check after we had already completed our stay, looking for an excuse in any way not to pay. These people take advantage of you on your vacation, do not rent from them they will not return your deposit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2013 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-Cholakian/Honolulu-Hawaii-96815/David-Cholakian-HawaiiDcc-Honolulu-Rental-Deposit-return-delayed-and-charged-excessive-1065045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David Cholakian