Complaint Review: david cooper

• Reported By: mrblack31 — New York United States of America
david cooper

david cooper SCAM,FRAUD Internet

*Consumer Comment: David Cooper the scammer

A representative called me from "state attorney general of California"
representing some cash advance firm;citing I'm being sort after because
of an unpaid cash advance that i didn't receive. I tried calling the
number provided and after ringing several times;i got just a long beep. I
hung up,called the company back;now getting a representative who spoke
clear English. When i inquired about the loan,they got rude with
me,threatened to have me arrested at my job on Monday,suspend my
license,close my bank account,among many other things.

Basically,destroying my name and identity. I'm sure this is some fraud
company but the have my name,email,where i work and social. I find this
very disturbing and would like to know what actions can i do to help
protect my name and identity?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/david-cooper/internet/david-cooper-SCAMFRAUD-Internet-954614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on david cooper

David Cooper the scammer

AUTHOR: Windell - (United States of America)

So this guy called me claiming he was from the state attorneys office in houston texas said that I got a loan from cash advance america, he was calling me at work,home,and I was flipping, thinking that I was going to jail when he told me I owed all this money that I never recieved. He said they tried and tried to contact me and because I never called them they took it as I got the money and had no intentions of paying them back.

He said he could put a hold on the warrant that was filed for my arrest if I paid that day. I told him I got a loan just the week before and I didnt understand why an attorney would be calling me already.I still have his messages saved on my phone.Anyways some weeks went by and a couple of days ago he contacted me again. So I asked him why they didnt try to contact me,andhe said they did, 5 e-mails and 2 phone calls.

so I asked him well who was this loan through, he said cash advance america, I said well I ve been checking my e-mail and have seen anything from them and he hung up on me.I was very convinced at first he was really an attorney.

until I saw this site, and another report said that he told the consumer he was calling from california he tried to call me back the next day and I never called him back, I said to myself , this must be a scam the wierd thing is he said they were signing the appadavit for my arrest warrant and once my local authorities got it, it would be out of his hands.I just think it's wierd the cops still havent shown up.