Complaint Review: david l tharpe

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — colorado springs Colorado
david l tharpe
unknown, Alabama USA

david l tharpe robin singletary craigslist ad posting 350 a week unknown Alabama

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Type of Scam

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Definitely a SCAM!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Needs to Be Fined/Jailed

*General Comment: Robin singletary on Craig's list is a scam

*Author of original report: Very rude also

This person runs an ad on craigslist.org that says make $350 dollars a week posting ads.  You go through the wrok of posting the ads, a week later they  will ask you how you want to be paid check or paypal.  Then you hear nothing for a week then expects you work more after you have done work for a week and they say oh you want to paid for what you havent done enough work to get paid.  Not my fault you didnt send me no work for a week i did work for a week and never got paid.  The ads this person will have you post are houses for rent.  I checked and it takes no time at all for them to be flagged.  I am sure because this rip off is doing this to more than one person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/david-l-tharpe/unknown-Alabama/david-l-tharpe-robin-singletary-craigslist-ad-posting-350-a-week-unknown-Alabama-1121270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on david l tharpe

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Type of Scam

AUTHOR: TheFattHatt - ()

This sounds a lot like a 419 scam, specifically an Advanced Fee Scam.

The way it works is this, broken down into steps:

1) The other party engages you and sends you a payment, often via a fake check or money order.

2) You are asked to wire a portion back.

3) You do so.

4) A month later, it turns out the check/money order is fake.

5) The bank deducts the deposit back out.

6) You're now out the check amount AND whatever you wired out.

7) You won't be able to recover any of these funds, including your own money that you wired.

8) Loss to you: Check amount + whatever you wired.

This Robin character really needs to be found and charged.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Definitely a SCAM!

AUTHOR: Anon - ()

I found R. Singletary on newjersey.backpage.com/MiscJobs/personal-assistant-needed/18508852. I posted ads for Robin Singletary on Craigslist. They constantly asked me if I was "ready to work" but would have me waiting for hours or just never reply with any work. As a default they had me post ads for the "job" I had everyday. Almost immediatley they would get flagged and removed. I told them but they ignored me. They constantly avoided questions about paying me and insisted their other workers were very happy. I was weary of the whole situation but decided to give it a chance.

Finally, after doing all this work they told me that I needed to send them "active" links. I told them that CL has been flagging the post for a while and there was nothing I could do about it because the posting violated the rules. They told me to get a new account and contact customer service to "repair the issues". I again explained that the posts they wanted me to make violated the rules and it wasn't something I could "repair".

After seeing how they obviously didn't know what they were doing, I checked back to here and saw  comments about this person scamming others. It's a shame that this person is taking advantage of people looking for jobs. I wasted do much time that could have been better used, on a chance that I would have some form of income.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Needs to Be Fined/Jailed

AUTHOR: TheFattHatt - ()

Sherry and David - the exact thing happened to me. I really became suspicious after that $2,950 check, and how I had to 'send it out to other clients'.

It's a good thing that I read the report - I'm not even going to try and deposit it. This is such bull.

Robin Singletary needs to be fined an/or sent to jail over this. We really need a class-action lawsuit over this.

#4 General Comment

Robin singletary on Craig's list is a scam

AUTHOR: Sherry - ()

I posted things for this person and was told I would get 350 a week. Well after a cpl of weeks a check finally came for 2,950. I emailed and ask if they meant to send my that much. Oh yea you get your weeks pah then you send to other peopl.   After that I fig it was a scam. But I took to my bank and Depoisted it When I told them that she told me when it clears my bank to let her know.  Well told her I was going to wait for it to clearher bank. When it came back as a scam she cused about it and said it was a lie and told me to take to another bank. Told her if the funds are there to western union the money to me never heard anything else from her   I was smart enough to make sure if wasn't a scam and not spend any of the money. It cost me 5$ to send it threw. Does anyone know what I can do to report her?  She needs to be stopped and put in jail.

Very rude also

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

This person also has no manners very pushy texts you "get back to me now"  never says please or thank you very rude rude person