Complaint Review: David N McDermott

• Updated: Mon, January 27, 2014

• Reported By: Tamara — Brooklyn New York
David N McDermott
593 Morgan Ave, Apt 3 Brooklyn, New York USA

David N McDermott davemcdus David Mcdermott VRF Rolex member is a thief Brooklyn New York

My husband is a lover of vintage Rolex watches, but unfortunately because of putting a child through school and the fact that he lost his job, and because of other financial circumstances we could not really afford to buy one. Fortunately, I was still working.  So, I decided that this was gonna be the year that my husband got his vintage Rolex. It was gonna be a surprise for our 15th wedding anniversary.

Being that I don't know anything about vintage Rolex I read whatever I could, so that I didn't make any mistakes. During the learning process I discovered a Vintage Rolex Forum VRF where I would go whenever I got the chance.

I discovered that the Rolex 5513 or the Rolex 5512 are the models that I should ascertain and $6000 would be a good starting point. It took 11 months of sacrifice but I finally saved $6300.

I contacted David Mcdermott from VRF because he's local and I didn't want to purchase a watch over the internet. David seemed very nice and showed me a 5513 and a 5512, they actually looked identical to me so I purchased the 5513 from David for $6200.

I was so excited until my husband opened the package on our anniversary. My husband didn't share the same enthusiasim that I had. The watch that David sold me had a refinished dial and aftermarket hands. The serial number was not readable. He took me to the cleaners. I explained to David when I was purchasing the watch how hard I saved and what this watch meant to be, be he obviously didn't care.

Now, all of a sudden David won't return my emails or answer my calls. This has been a very stressful experience for me and my husband.

David N Mcdermott is a thief.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-N-McDermott/Brooklyn-New-York-11222/David-N-McDermott-davemcdus-David-Mcdermott-VRF-Rolex-member-is-a-thief-Brooklyn-New-York-1118867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David N McDermott