Complaint Review: Davis & Howard Financial Group

Davis & Howard Financial Group
8044 Montgomery Rd Ste 609 Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Davis & Howard Financial Group Ripoff Financial Company Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: This is the Advance Fee Loan Scam

*General Comment: You were obviously scammed..

I was looking for a personal loan in the amount of $15,000. Due to my credit history my request was sent out to lenders. I was contacted by Lori McLean at Davis & Howard. She contacted me to say I have been approved and the lender was here in Toronto. I did have 4 other companies contact me informing me of the same. After several conversations with Lori, I decided to go with them. She sent over the contract for me to sign and provide her with proper ID. She informed me that the lender would required 4 months payment upfront as this would seal the deal. I told her I don"t have that money.She said no problem the company she works for will pay the other half. I sent the money to Matthew Chase here in Toronto by western union. Provided her with the MTCN. Lori said she will get back to me shortly. She informed me that the money was on it way. Kept checking my account all night only for her to call the next day and say the kender won"t take the company money. I had to come up with the other half. Obviously fund weren't sent as she claimed. I could not get the funds until Monday. I sent it to Matthew Chase the same way. Provided them with MTCN. Again claimed it was on the way several times. Her last comment was the finance dept said u have to be patient. The next day she calls me to say due to the funds sitting in customs over the weekend customs will not release the funds until this is paid. I lost it as I knew i was burned but she was a quite convincing. She said they require $300. I asked her to put it in writing confirming once the payment has been received all of the funds would be released. She did as she said. I sent the money on a Friday for her to contact me on Monday to ask me to confirm the MTCN. I told her I sent her the copy of confirmation from Western Union I have confirmed the MTCN. She said she would get back to me that was Monday the 16th and I have not heard anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davis-Howard-Financial-Group/Cincinnati-Ohio-45236/Davis-amp-Howard-Financial-Group-Ripoff-Financial-Company-Cincinnati-Ohio-1116209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davis & Howard Financial Group

This is the Advance Fee Loan Scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

I know you are in Canada, but these scammers are located everywhere. You can go to the FTC(dot)gov website and read up on various scams. This particular scam has been around a long time and is called the Advance Fee Loan Scam. I'm sure you have a similar government warning site like the FTC in Canada too, but I don't know what it is for you.

You aren't going to receive a refund. I'm sure you know this by now. This person that was supposed to lend you the money tipped their hand the minute she asked you for money up front. That request should have been enough for you to say no. The fact that she requested the money to be wired via untraceable funds to an individual you don't know was red flag number one.

Once they saw you sent the initial funds they knew you were not aware that the whole thing was a scam. So they scammed you again with the other "half" of the initial funds and then at the end they asked you to send money in order to get a refund. That is crazy! Never send money to a stranger for a loan as that is a sure tip off that they are scamming you.

File a police report. I don't know if you have enough info about this scammer to catch the person that took the funds from you, but your police department can certainly tell you the procedure to follow. Good Luck.

#2 General Comment

You were obviously scammed..

AUTHOR: TheTruth411 - ()

You were scammed. No money is ever going into your account but money went into theirs. No legit loan company will ask for any money upfront. Best thing you can do is already done. Warn others on websites such as this one and move on. Keep in mind for future references , never give money to get money. Anyone requiring so is a 100% scam.