Complaint Review: Daybreak Utah | Daybreak HOA

• Updated: Wed, September 02, 2009

• Reported By: Eric — South Jordan (Daybreak) Utah USA
Daybreak Utah | Daybreak HOA
http://www.daybreakutah.com/ South Jordan, Utah United States of America

Daybreak Utah | Daybreak HOA Kennecott Kennecott land Daybreak HOA Daybreak Utah This is a mixed review. I actually love daybreak, but just the people, neighbors, etc. We have made so many friends here in such a short amount of time that its amazing; however the HOA and Kennecoit South Jordan, Utah

This is a mixed review. I actually love Daybreak Utah - but just the people, neighbors, etc. We have made so many friends here in such a short amount of time that its amazing; however the HOA and Kennecott have major issues; almost everyone has difficulties with the Daybreak HOA and they are not very friendly. This is especially true when it comes to the landscaping guidelines. I will give two examples below.

The first was when they approved a plan for our front yard which had a slope that was way too steep and the last year our whole front yard basically washes away every time it rains or we get a strong wind storm. I had 2-3 landscapers review it and they all said the only option I had really was to put in a retaining wall of some sort which would look very nice and solve the problem of erosion. However Kennecott land review committee and the Daybreak HOA committee had major issues and wouldn't budge to allow me to have a retaining wall with no apparent reason other than 'its not allowed' - they would rather I have a washed away crappy front yard, so be it I guess if that is what they want.

The second example is when I went to put in a fence. On their official documents it states that vinyl or wood fences are approved as long as you follow specific guidelines which I was planning on doing only to find out from a neighbor (after I had paid for the fence already) that vinyl fences are not allowed in the north shore portion of daybreak UT; again for no reason other than 'its now allowed' Come on people!  Get real and use some common sense, whoever runs these review boards at Kennecott and daybreak are total idiots and don't even visit daybreak or know anything about the area, people, houses, landscape, etc.  They also are horrible at returning phone calls and trying to come to some agreement, I have just given up on them  by now.

Anyway, great people but if you live here be prepared to deal with a bunch of crap from the Daybreak HOA and kennecott land management people.  That being said though putting up with their crap is still worth all the friends we have made while living in daybreak utah, the people here are awesome!  It is just unfortunate it doesn't come with wonderful management as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daybreak-Utah-Daybreak-HOA/South-Jordan-Utah-84095/Daybreak-Utah-Daybreak-HOA-Kennecott-Kennecott-land-Daybreak-HOA-Daybreak-Utah-This-is-a-489006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daybreak Utah | Daybreak HOA