Complaint Review: Daydream Akitas

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Missy — California
Daydream Akitas
4783 Co Rd 427 newberry, Michigan USA

Daydream Akitas Ann Johnson Steals Deposits Daydream Akitas Breaks Contract, Sells Puppy to Another, Refuses to Refund Deposit Newberry Michigan

I sent Ann Johnson a $300 check as a deposit on Bruno -- a very cute Akita puppy. Ridiculous as it may be, I filled out her puppy application complete with pictures of my house.  We signed HER contract. The contract explicitly states "Deposits are nonrefundable if the buyer backs out, Refundable only if the Seller backs out"

I sent Ann a check for the balance of the puppy. She told me it would take three weeks to clear. (I know - I've never heard of a check taking three weeks to clear either)  Two days later, Ann tore it my check and returned it to me and told me she would only take a wire. By this time I was really concerned.  Her behavior was becomming irratic.  I asked for a shipping date and she gave me the run around.  She told me I would have to wait until she went to a dog show.  Of course by this time the dog is no longer an 8 week old puppy.  I was still ready to buy the dog but, at this point, I really needed a shipping date that worked for me and some sign of commitment on Ann's part.  There were too many things that didn't add up and I hadn't seen pictures of the puppy since it was 4 weeks old.

I tried to nail Ann down on a shipping date and she responded with an assertion that she assumed I was backing out of the contract -- which I assured her I was not. When I tried to make further arrangements, she responded with this threatening and insulting email :

"Deposits are non refundable. When you don't follow threw you forfit it.I'm allso going to report you to internet fruad & contact your bank and let them know your running a scam. So if you do get away with it you'll hit a wall with your bank. I fully believe you tried to write me a bad check, so bring it on scamer. "

I have treated Ann with respect but she has effectively stolen my deposit, sold the puppy to another buyer, sent me insulting emails and then cut off communication with me.

I tried to resolve this through the BBB but she refused to answer the calls/emails as well.

I should have known that she was going to be a problem.  There were so many signs but I really wanted that puppy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daydream-Akitas/newberry-Michigan-49868/Daydream-Akitas-Ann-Johnson-Steals-Deposits-Daydream-Akitas-Breaks-Contract-Sells-Puppy-1073464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daydream Akitas