Complaint Review: Days Inn

• Submitted: Tue, January 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: jon — atlanta Georgia United States of America
Days Inn
1595 W Oakland Park Blvd I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, ft.lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Days Inn I made a reservation with this hotel, scheduled for December 29, 2011. My plans fell through, and i cancelled the reservation on December 17, 2011.well within the 4pm check-in policy to avoid billing ft.lauderdale, Florida

I made a reservation with this hotel, scheduled for December 29, 2011. My plans fell through, and i cancelled the reservation on December 17, 2011.well within the 4pm check-in policy to avoid billing! Their policy states that the reservation must be cancelled BEFORE 4pm check-in time to avoid billing, on the scheduled arrival date. I cancelled this reservation 12 days earlier! So they had plenty of time to cancel this reservation, without billing me. The cancellation number is 79606225. Instead of cancelling the reservation in their system, AFTER sending me the cancellation email ensuring cancellation, the property proceeded to bill my credit card for the full amount of $58.95 anyway! When I confronted the merchant over the phone regarding the charge, they were extremely rude, refused to connect me to the hotel manager, and insisted that they NEVER charged my credit cardwhich is false. I was charged $58.95 on December 30, and Days Inn has REFUSED to refund the amount to my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Days-Inn/ftlauderdale-Florida-33311/Days-Inn-I-made-a-reservation-with-this-hotel-scheduled-for-December-29-2011-My-plans-823997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Days Inn