Chin

• Updated: Wed, October 28, 2009

• Reported By: Upset — Mechanicsburg Ohio USA
Dayton Power And Light
Dayton, Ohio United States of America

Dayton Power And Light Dayton Power and Light Price Gougers? Maybe? Dayton, Ohio

Dayton Power and Light (DP&L) is by far, the worst utility company I have ever been forced to interact with. When I first purchased my home I contacted my new electric company (DP&L) activated service and asked to be put on a budget plan. They put me on a budget plan of $66.00 a month, which sounded reasonable, as almost all my appliances are gas and I dont have central air conditioning any more. I made all my monthly payments and at the end of their budget period I got a bill for more than $500.00. They explained that I had gone over my budget each month and my average electric bill was $145.00 a month. I was in complete shock because my previous home was larger with electric appliances and central air conditioning and my bill was only $90.00 a month. I called DP&L and asked that they check the meter accuracy and follow up with me. After a few weeks of never hearing from anyone and another $147.00 bill I contacted them. They explained that the meter reading was accurate. I rebutted with they needed to check the calibration of the meter not just the actual reading. Once again weeks later I havent heard from anyone only to find out that the test they told me was going to be completed never got donesurprise! So then I asked to speak with a supervisor and the person on the phone told me they would put in an order for one to call me on Monday. Monday rolled around, then Tuesday, and it was Wednesday before I heard anything from the supervisor. In the mean time DP&L allegedly completed the calibration test and told me there was nothing wrong with it. I explained that there was no way for my bill to be this high all the time and she simply kept stating there was nothing wrong with my meter.

So now I am forced to contact a private company to check the accuracy of my electric meter and identify the high electric bill. If DP&L was not the only option for electric I would have cancelled them months ago! In fact they have been so unbearable to deal with; my next home purchase will be contingent upon my electric provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dayton-Power-And-Light/Dayton-Ohio-45401/Dayton-Power-And-Light-Dayton-Power-and-Light-Price-Gougers-Maybe-Dayton-Ohio-516123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dayton Power And Light