Complaint Review: dba PC with windows logo

• Updated: Sat, April 02, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Visalia California United States of America
dba PC with windows logo
hidden Internet United States of America

PC with windows logo CLEAN THIS utility associated with a trojan horse. End result locks up the computer and demands the randsome of $69.95. I restored my entire computer to escape! unknown , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Warning!

I made a few mistakes.  After inadvertantly clicking on the wrong html, suddenly there was a prompt of suspicious activitie and a prompt to accept a "free trial scan (scam)" of a clean up utility.    The trial scan was cleverly disguised as "CLEAN THIS" and provided from the people of PC (magazine) group.  The free scan locked up my computer less I pay the randsome of $70 for a suspicious program to fix the problem.

Rather than accepting a free pop trial "CLEAN THIS" scan of Windows Vista one should click on no free scan and revert to the restore programs and set a previous restore point.  Once I had chosen to accept the free trial scan I was locked down.  Instead of spending my money into a scam I chose to restore my computer.

Today in an attempt to research the issue the website for PC Magazine is refusing to let me online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2011 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dba-PC-with-windows-logo/internet/PC-with-windows-logo-CLEAN-THIS-utility-associated-with-a-trojan-horse-End-result-locks-712987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dba PC with windows logo

Warning!

AUTHOR: skeptic - (USA)

There is a new malware/virus doing the rounds. It masquerades as legitimate sites and redirects you to their site which downloads malware.

PC Magazine has nothing to do with it.

Read here about it.

I was also almost caught out when a free scan for malware/viruses started up on my computer. Not accepting locked my computer up. Luckily, I was able to click on Start and Turn Off computer which stopped it. Started the computer up again and scanned it with Windows Defender which gave it an all clear.