Complaint Review: DCA Online

DCA Online
unknown unknown, Pennsylvania United States of America

DCA Online Thieves unknown, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Not very smart

I received an e-mail (seemingly from a friend) about a great on-line at-home business.  It stated that for $2.97 I could receive the information I needed to start this great business.  (Unfortunately) I signed up - to receive information - and, not only did I not receive any information but my bank account was charged $139.95 without my knowledge.  There was a salesman that called several times to supposedly explain the business but when he started talking about "thousands" of dollars needed to invest in the business ("but you would be using other peoples money") I knew I would not be pursuing this business.  NOT ONCE did he mention that they would be charging me $139.95 if I did not cancel in 5 days.  When I finally saw the charge on my account I immediately called - argued with the person on the phone til she finally said they would refund it within 5 - 7 business days.  Needless to say that did not happen.  So I called again.  The girl on the phone said there had been a computer glitch of some kind and that I should be seeing the refund within another 5-7 bus. days.  Didn't happen.  When I called again the next person told me that the refunds took 8 - 10 bus. days.  Again, needless to say it did not happen.  Today I called and was told that these accounts were turned over to the "corporate" offices for review and the refund was denied because of the terms of the agreement - which were supposedly on an email which I never received.  Now I was given the fax number of the corporate office so that I can send my complaint and ask for a reversal of the denial.  This company - and I use the word loosely - and its people are nothing but thieves stealing money from unsuspecting people without their knowledge.  I am outraged and truly upset that they can take money from desperate people looking to find a way to better themselves in this economy.  I am on disability with a very limited income and this $140 is alot of money to me.  Can't someone do something about this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2010 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DCA-Online/unknown-Pennsylvania-/DCA-Online-Thieves-unknown-Pennsylvania-655388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DCA Online

Not very smart

AUTHOR: WissNX01 - (United States of America)

Im sorry, but you sort of fell into this, and should have known better.  Even Craigslist has disclaimers on their site warning about these scams.  But because it came from your friends email, you trusted it and paid for something without doing research.

Starting a business is a lot harder than giving someone money, even if 140 is a lot to you.  You might be able to go to your bank and dispute this as fraud, but you have to keep your mouth shut and not disclose that you stupidly signed up for this.

The internet is a blessing and a curse.  Use the blessing part to do some basic research before being dumb.

Cavalry