Complaint Review: dcg marketing,topaz,imperial

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2014

• Reported By: fukem — nireland Other United Kingdom
dcg marketing,topaz,imperial
belfast belast, Select State/Province United States of America

dcg marketing,topaz,imperial i think they have another called imperial TOPAZ SCAM SCAM SCAM DCG SCAM SCAM IMPERIAL SCAM SCAM SCAM belast, Other

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Predictable

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: for yourself

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't waste your time

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Topaz and DCG Marketing Beware!!!

ha ha jesus ive been wanting to write this for such a long time, right first of dont even think about going to any interviews, if you see them online tell people not to approch them all your friends even urself stay away.

Right
Pam glass:
i was interviewd by pam seemed like a nice girl but she isnt she loves to brainwash people into her stupid little world unlucky for me i was. i made half decent cash and told that i had great potential, but behind closed doors i was backstabb verbilly the other post you read are right hours are long and its door-to-door which is hard work but some weeks i couldnt even go out and my leader was a prick. i was wit dem for a while but left because you had tobe fake and pam being who she is well shes bloody devious fills your head full of crap and tells you about the money when there is none and promotion all crap stay away guys, they make money while you get poor. [continued below]....
.....

Dave Glass:
This guy thinks hes great but he is the smoke and mirrors of the whole gig promises you dreams, of ownership but the real proof is that he craps on you while he gets paid if your ill he laughs and makes you do stupid stuff during morning meetings you dont get any allowance  to get to your doors and hes a a pr**k.

Now
imperial i think theres another one run from pams office run by a girl called dd thats all i ever knew her as i wasnt clud on it much they sold aviva  becase theres charities sky and aviva want sure how it worked.
I remember seeing the guy who ran an office in dublin not sure where, his name was donald i think he seemed like a weirdo always around pam (arse licker) and up his own #### i said hello to him he said nothing, what a did hear was that every1 that went with him down south got screwd over and that they all left i know why cause the job is full off false promises and succces.

i was promised alot for weeks but all i got was verbally abused made to work 70-80 hours a week to be told i was self employed and that i had to work these hours a well i thought i was self employed i lost alot of friends because of this well organised scam  stay away students especially from these companies

TOPAZ PROMOTIONS
DCG MARKETIN
IMPERIAL

or any job adds regarding them they are professional liers that pray on people as a means

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2011 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dcg-marketingtopazimperial/belast-Select-StateProvince-bt11/dcg-marketingtopazimperial-i-think-they-have-another-called-imperial-TOPAZ-SCAM-SCAM-S-713423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dcg marketing,topaz,imperial

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

SCAM

AUTHOR: JimmyBobby - ()

I just randomly googled DCG & Topaz as I was updating my CV and stumbled on this discussion and wow.... couldn't agree more.

Even though I felt it was clearly not a fantastic job I was shocked at the level of delusion that was promoted on a daily basis in that office.  I was only taking it as a summer job over 4 months before returning to university but I've never experienced anything like it.

Dave and Pam consistently promote this ridiculous business structure, consistently stating the ease with which one can become an 'owner' making hundreds of thousands in less than a year.  But as previously mentioned by instantkarma.....when the F*** did the last person ever promoted? Yet, you still get crammed into a car with your fellow colleagues who are all stuck to the topic of how each of them will be owners within the coming months. (fyi they seemed like lovely people, just brainwashed by the assumption they will be 'owners', drilled into their head every morning by Pam and Dave)

They are very misleading about the conditions of employment, saying nothing about being totally commission based until you have already accepted the job offer. Additonally, when i was there, NOBODY (even the 'top earners') earned more than £450 a week.  However I was in 'events', meaning I stood in shopping centres getting told no for a solid 9 hours a day.  The most i ever made was £300, i'm not particularily great at sales or anything, but its pretty easy to remember a script and be nice to people, i was promoted to 'leader' after 1 week and usually beat other more experienced 'leaders'.  I should explain that being a leader means absolutely nothing, it a bogus position.

YOU ARE TREATED LIKE CRAP. Nobody cares if you stay or leave because employee turnover is so ridiculously high. There were at least 3-4 new faces there per week and alot never stayed long. I finally snapped and quit before I intented (because I wanted any experience to put on my cv i could get) when I came in on a Sunday, was told to go to Ballywhereverthehellitis (i'd never been there) - the catch is nobody else was going up there and so i had to catch a train (paid for by yours truely) without even a handset that worked at the time but was assured would 'get sorted'.  After 1 hour 30 mins on a train i finally arrived with no idea where to go. I call my 'leader' about getting handheld activated and it just so happens, suprise suprise, it didnt even work because as suspected, it was locked to another user.  Pam then called me to try and sort it out and called me the wrong name throughout the whole conversation even though i corrected her very clearly more than 3 times.  Pam then blamed the handheld not working on me, even though as i had told her the 'owner' gave me it and told me would be fine. I got straight back the train and told them i quit once i got into the office.

this job is fantastic motivation to never work in such a dump again. i am so happy i have a good degree and will hopefully never have to work in a place like that again.  people are treated like crap and because you are totally insignificant - i would much prefer a job in mcdonalds than to ever work for these guys again. dont work in this company.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Predictable

AUTHOR: Instantkarma - (United Kingdom)

Haha, very predictable reply right out out of the appco hand book

If you re-read my origional post you will see that I was one of the high rollers, got taken away on trips etc I also have a job that I'm very happy with, I have a degree so my job options aren't limited to door to door sales, but thanks for your concern. Pam said I was always welcome to come back if i wanted(no thanks)

Be realistic, Pam and Dave have been in the business for over 10 years between them, how many people have they promoted to owners? It's not in their best interests to promote people, northern Ireland is too small for them to share a slice of the pie

I'm not on here to argue with you, and as for your comment about me hiding online, well that's just childish, I have much better things to do with my free time, I have lots of free time now as I only work 35 hours a week and have paid holidays and every weekend off.

It's pretty rainy in Belfast today, so when you are walking around soaked today annoying people in their homes remember that those people who are working in McDonald's that you look down on are inside in a warm clean environment getting a steady wage, not walking about dodgy housing estates pestering people. Oh and the winter is coming too, so you will be walking around in the cold again soon enough.

Can you tell me how long you have worked there and how close to having your own office you are? Also have you registered your business and do you pay tax and national insurance? Do you really believe you are self employed?

Chances are this is Pam or Dave anyway If so you will be getting some media attention very soon, enjoy

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

for yourself

AUTHOR: suking - (United Kingdom)

if u couldnt highroll then who's fault is that ??????

loads of people made it work why could u not?????

i bet u dont even have a job right now i dont know where else u would get a job at the minute that u can decide what u make apart from sales mate

if u feel so strongly why dont u go in and tell them r do u just like to hide online !!!!!

ps next time i am in for a burger u will prob be serving so ill have onions on mine lol

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't waste your time

AUTHOR: Instantkarma - (United Kingdom)

For the person above, There may well have been weeks you made 650 you must have been one of the high rollers, realistically people there on average made less than 250-300 per week, divide that by your 70 hour working week and you are coming in with an hourly rate of about half the minimum wage. You also should take into consideration that you Don't pay any taxes either which can make problems for you in the future, funny how at topaz and dcg they will train(brainwash) you on every aspect of the business right down to what you are supposed to talk about on the way to the field and the way home, how many times were you advised on how to do things legally eg registering a company, public liability insurance paying taxes and so on. This notion that you are self employed is complete rubbish too, look up the definitions of self employed and see if there are any similarities at all.

Basically the way the business works is on numbers, between Pam and Dave the send out for example 50 suckers to the field, maybe 20% will earn a decent wage for the day which in turn makes a healthy profit, Pam and Dave only pay for their office costs to pay for so it makes no difference if their self employed workers make any money at all, as long as around 20% earn money they are laughing.

As for the morning meetings, does that seem professional to you? Cheering and clapping and being humiliated, can you imagine an offic of stockbrokers or lawyers behaving in such a way.

I could go on and on, and before someone else comes on and says I must have been crap at sales, I was one of the top earners in the offic and I have tacky awards sitting here to prove it, I actually keep them to motivate me as I would never put myself through anything as degrading again, I would be happier sitting on the dole.

By all means, if you are happy walking around dodgy housing estates with holes in your shoes making half as much per hour as you would in McDonald's, getting soaking wet, not being entitled to sick pay of holiday pay , go right ahead but you will at some point come back and read this and will agree with everything I have wrote.

Topaz and dcg will be getting there comeuppance very soon

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

?

AUTHOR: suking - (United Kingdom)

worked there for a year made lots of cash moved on to another sales job now got lots out of pam and dave how could u not make it work some weeks i made 650 quids who was ur leader did they not show u right

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Topaz and DCG Marketing Beware!!!

AUTHOR: Unhappychappy - (United Kingdom)

I managed to stay with this company for almost two weeks and it was sole destroying. I planned to stay a few months as I was continuing with my education. During this time I learnt a script that ensured I could sell Sky TV to customers door to door. I shadowed someone for a few days and I attended daily meetings from 11-12pm which involved the whole office chanting during their meetings which seemed more like a cult that supposedly professional individuals.

Everything reported about they being a scam is true: Let me give potential employees the basics which Topaz and DCG will not.

YOU WILL:

-Work door to door making people buy sh*t!
-Work 11-9PM Mon-Fri and on Saturdays if you do not make your sale targets!(10 per week).
-Earn only Commission!!!
-Lose around 40% of you earnings to a "bond" mostly goes into the owners pockets!
-Lose earnings if you leave!
-Pay for your own travel to different areas and phone calls of your mobile to ensure sales go through!
-Work with some very questionable people (cough scum cough) even thought they advertise for graduates.
-Take minimal breaks

Beware:
You will:

-Not get your 200 training money until you actually make a number of sales.
-Shadow someone 11-9pm for at least 3 days (unpaid) and watch how they make sales.
-Attend daily meetings 11-12pm where the owner Mr Glass will announce who has sold what and how many. During this time the seller will come to the front of the room, ring a bell, run around giving every one high fives while a theme song is sung to represent that person's charter.

I'm Serious!! It's so stupid! Apparently it encourages team bonding and eagerness to make more sales.

The interview will be very slick in that you will not really understand what it is you really are doing, mostly it will be about some daft person talking about how great they are and how much money they make and travel etc.

The managers and most of the work force are very rude and may even become aggressive to you in front of your colleges. In fact Mrs Pam Glass shouted at me in the street for making a very simply request. She is clearly a very classy lady among other things. Mr Glass appeared nicer and is very handsome, but don't let him fool you.

I hope my testimony will help potential employees make a valid decision on this company. My advice is 'if you instinct is telling you that something about it is off, they you are most definitely right!'