1. LOOK OUT! If you or an relative has been contacted by this company D.C.S.!
2. This is an scavenger collection agency. They buy old debts that are past the legal collection dates, and attempt to "re-activate the debts".
3. The census is, this is a MOB owned Franchaise. That this is the new MOB method of collecting money illegally from regular people like you and me.
4. This is also, a franchaise. If you "Google" any phone number they contact you with, you will find, that they 'have branches" all over the U.S.A.
5. The #1 "TRICK" that D.C.S. likes to us is: Calling people in your last known area, with the same last name as yours. Example: your last name is Jones, and they will call all of the Jones' in your town. They use the Yellow Pages, White Pages, and then move on to more advanced searches. If they think they have a good "hit" on someone or a like name. They don't even care if the debt is really yours! only if they can convince you that it is your debt, or that you are obilgated to pay it, "to clear up your good name etc".
6. The obtain "victims" that is you and me, from old court documents on cases filed and granted. They look for foreclosures, bankruptcies, divorces, child custody cases etc.
7. When the start their "Scavenger Stalking" they like to repeatedly call, people they believe are your relatives. They "pray on the elderly", and use bad hearing, eye-sight and dementia to extract information on relatives.
8. Our advice is: Go to Clark Howard.com, and copy a drop dead letter from his website. We have used this letter twice, and it works wonders. We always add a "little extra" like under c.c. Dept of Justice, Law Firm etc.
9. Most people don't know that if you quit paying on a debt, that within 18 months the creditor has to by law, do a charge off on you. But scavengers like D.C.S. attempt to break this law, by contacting you, and threatening, lying, malnipulating, cheating, and being abusive to people like you and me. My plan is to sue in court. This may actually be a new way for me "to gain a little revenue for myself"!
Hopes this helps someone out there.....