Complaint Review: Deanhardt & Davis

• Submitted: Thu, September 30, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 16, 2005

• Reported By:Nashville North Carolina
Deanhardt & Davis
3709 Nash Street NW Wilson, North Carolina U.S.A.

Deanhardt & Davis Breach of Contract fraudulent selling practices dishonest liars Wilson North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Deanhardt & Davis responding to Mike Hudson

*Author of original report: Deanhardt and Davis has worked with me to resolve the problems.

*Author of original report: Deanhardt & Davis Wilson NC finally addressed my problems only after promise of legal action

I entered into contract with Deanhard & Davis to build my home. Everything was proceeding well until about two weeks from closing. They started to push to close when the house was not completed and had numerous workmanship issues, some which jeopardized the structure and occupancy of the home.

We agreed before the contract was signed that Deanhardt and Davis would resolve a serious drainage issue. Russ Davis said not to worry that it would be completed by the end of construction and this issue was minor. A week before closing Brian Deanhardt told me that if I didn't close he would start charging interest. He said no home is ever complete at time of closing and that they would fix any items after we closed. Being the first time homebuyer I fell for that scheme and closed.

Of course, even though our contract said all items would be resolved within 30 days of notice, it has been almost three months and my house is not complete. In addition, it is still not built to contract specifications and now they are trying to bill for items they put on the home (an upgraded HVAC) accidentally without our permission. We are also dealing with severe cosmetic issues, door leaks, and poor workmanship that devalue our home.

In addition, the drainage problem is washing out our septic system and putting water directly on our foundation.

The breached their contract, employed fraudulent business practices to close on an incomplete home and bill for items not agreed upong. In addition, their incompetence is jeopardizing the structure and occupany of my home.

Michael
Nashville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2004 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deanhardt-Davis/Wilson-North-Carolina-27896/Deanhardt-Davis-Breach-of-Contract-fraudulent-selling-practices-dishonest-liars-Wilson-N-110940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deanhardt & Davis

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Deanhardt & Davis responding to Mike Hudson

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Deanhardt & Davis has a combined 45 years of experience in the building industry with approximately 1300 homes built and sold. Of the combined years in operation, neither Mr. Deanhardt or Mr. Davis has ever been sued nor had a suit filed against their company. Deanhardt & Davis prides itself in quality constructed homes and customer service. Mr. Hudson's home is still under warranty and we welcome any issues he has with his home to be sent in writing to our office. Mr. Hudson also has a 2-10 homeowners warranty with his home. He may also contact 2-10 to discuss any unresolved issues with his home. We now have a agreement with Mr. Hudson to meet and disccuss the remaining issues with his home on a date he has specified. Mr. Hudsons satisfaction is very important to our company.

Deanhardt & Davis

Deanhardt and Davis has worked with me to resolve the problems.

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Deanhardt and Davis has contacted me and promised to resolve my issues with my home. They have told me also that they have put in place new quality policies to ensure that this would not happen again to future customers; that they would be quicker to respond to open items. In return I have contacted the boards that I posted the complaints and requested that they be removed.

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Deanhardt & Davis, the contractors that I hired to build my house and the ones that I filed the original rip off report on finally responded towards the end of 2004 and took care of about 90% of the problems on my house only after I talked to a lawyer, sent them letters promising legal action, made several forceful phonecalls, and prepared to seek legal action.

I still have several outstanding problems that they did not repair, not to mention the fact that the house still is not built to contract specifications.

They called me February 2005, surprised when they discovered that I had filed a consumer response to their conduct on this web site and several others. They asked me to remove these postings quickly. I said that they were in no rush to complete my house and fix my problems, why should I be in a rush to take down a report that alerts consumers to these issues? However, in an effort to take care of the problem and put the issues to bed, I simply stated that even though I shouldn't take these postings down, if you take care of the other problems at my house, I'll remove the postings. Sounds more than fair.