Complaint Review: Debt Wave Credit Counseling

• Submitted: Mon, December 04, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 04, 2006

• Reported By:Benton Arkansas
Debt Wave Credit Counseling
debtwave.com Syossett, New York U.S.A.

Debt Wave Credit Counseling, says non-profit, charges $49/mo, stole the 1st months creditor payment of $903 Ripoff Syossett New York

I called them to get help getting my credit card bill in-line. On 11/4/2004 they had me send them $903 (to hold)and contact all my creditors to let them know that I was in a debt plan. I was told that it would take up to three months to get all the card companies minimum payments settled and not to pay them anything as DebtWave would be doing such.

After I'd made my December payemnt to DebtWave the ante was bumped up. I sent in more money...all cashier's checks as requested by them. I couldn't continue to pay that higher amount and dropped out due to it costing me more monthly than I'd been paying.

DebtWave states that it is "A Non-Profit Organization" yet it kept the first $903 and then $49 of the next month's payment. This company most definately is for-profit. It makes it money on those of us it scams to sign up, wrecks our credit even more, and steals the first required payment.

Benton, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2006 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Wave-Credit-Counseling/Syossett-New-York-11791/Debt-Wave-Credit-Counseling-says-non-profit-charges-49mo-stole-the-1st-months-credito-223674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Wave Credit Counseling