Complaint Review: decormyeyes.com

• Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By: smithdp — Boulder Colorado United States of America
brooklyn, New York United States of America

decormyeyes.com tony brooklyn, New York

I picked your business because of your claims on your website that you can fix just about any broken frame....even plastic at reasonable prices. Also your promise that the fixed frames would be returned in 10 days. All very good offers....but not really honored.

Since I mailed my sunglasses to you I have got emails from you saying:

"We are reattaching arms on both of your items. A technician will contact you shortly"

"Thanks for your repair order. We have some bad news.
We would like to let you know that we are unable to fix this item.
Due this situation we would like to offer you a $20 DISCOUNT on a brand new frame. If this is an optical frame we would like to offer to do your prescription for 25% OFF. Please call me so we can discuss our options.
Your item will be shipped back to you tommorow if I dont hear from you"

Then I get emails from you saying I must pay $12 to get my frames back. Absolutely nowhere on your repair website does it list this hefty return charge.

I shipped my frames(2 pair) to you USPS with delivery confirmation for a total cost of $2.26. To hold my frames hostage to shipping charges of $12 is really unfair.

You did not fix my frames or contact me within the 10 day promise turn around time. Both unfulfilled promises you made on your website. This has not been a pleasant experience dealing with you. Especially when I have contacted you to negotiate the return of my frames only to be insulted with emails calling me "bozo" "bafoon" and threats you will "Discard" my frames.

I have sent you a pre-paid USPS label to send my frames back. I simply ask you place the label on you box and drop it in the mail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/decormyeyescom/brooklyn-New-York-/decormyeyescom-tony-brooklyn-New-York-655165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on decormyeyes.com