Complaint Review: Dell

Dell
PO Box 81577 Austin, Texas USA

Dell Dell opts out on consumers Austin Texas

To Whom It May Concern:

In 2011 I had purchased a Dell laptop using my newly issued Dell credit card. During the initial call to Dell the representative was extremely inappropriate with me, for example, cutting me off when I tried to ask questions about my purchase and at one point stating he had added items to my bill that I had specifically stated I did not want. In hindsight I should not have finalized the purchased but was excited after rebuilding my credit. I decided I would verify what I was charged for by viewing my receipt or billing statement for my purchase.

When my computer arrived there was no invoice to verify what I had been charged for and in addition items I did request and believe I was billed for were not included, including Mcafee virus protection which I later had to purchase myself. I attempted on numerous occassions to request an itemized copy of my bill through Dell and what occurred was over a year of being referred back and forth between customer service and financial services. I eventually came in contact with a supervisor Tennissia who stated she realized I had been inappropriately billed and that my account was mishandled. Tennissia reported after consulting with her supervisor that there was nothing they could do to help me.

During this time I was incessantly called during the work day and on my work phone, each time I would attempt to explain my billing concerns, lack of invoice, and experience. Each representative expressed the same lack of integrity stating it simply wasn't there job to address this.

In August of 2012 I wrote the better business bureau about Dell's lack of integrity, communication, and professionalism. To date have never received a response. What I am requesting is simple #1 for the credit I worked so hard to repair to be fixed to be accurately reflected 2# to see an actual invoice of what I was charged for #3 for my bill to be modified to reflect what I actually received and was usable. In addition Dell should indicate some level of concern over how my account was mismanaged and the lack of ethics and integrity with which it was handled. Your prompt response to this matter is greatly appreciated. If needed I can provide a copy of the letter I sent to the Better Business Bureau and a chronology of my contacts with Dell in attempting to appropriately resolve this. Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2013 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-/Austin-Texas-78708/Dell-Dell-opts-out-on-consumers-Austin-Texas-1082759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell