Complaint Review: Dell Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: AlienatedCustomer — Pawtucket Rhode Island United States of America
Dell Corporation
1 Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Corporation Dell, Inc. Black Friday Bait and Switch for Inspiron 14z Round Rock, Texas

I ordered an Inspiron 14z as part of the Black Friday sales on the web.

Within a day or two they sent me a letter telling me that they oversold that model laptop, and they were going to "upgrade" me with the Inspiron 15.  Not the 15z or 15R, just the 15.  Although the two machines had some similarities in configuration, they are totally different.

I spent hours on the phone with Dell trying to get a resolution.  I asked if they would substitute the 13z instead, since it was a closer match to what I ordered.  They refused.  I asked them if they would give me a $300 discount on a more expensive machine.  They refused.

They were trying to dump their inventory of crappy machines through this offer.  Finally they said that I could talk to someone (after going through 5 people already) that may be able to help.  They then dropped my call.

At this point I think that they should be help accountable for this bait and switch, and they should be forced to offer anyone that qualified for this offer a $300 discount on ANY machine that is $599 or more.  That was the initial price of the laptop on sale.

What they did was dishonest.  Their customer service is non existent.  Their solutions to the problem were totally unacceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Corporation/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Corporation-Dell-Inc-Black-Friday-Bait-and-Switch-for-Inspiron-14z-Round-Rock-Texa-975317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Corporation