Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2004

• Reported By:Pinedale Wyoming
Dell Financial Services
Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services DELl FINANCIAL SERVICES/DELL DISHONEST Carol Stream Illinois

I called DELL to purchase TWO 5100 Insprion Computers and talked to MICHELLE SOUTH 800-571-3355 x 89513, I wanted to use my credit card for the purchases, she said that I would not be able to purchase the computers with my credit card, she said they had a 6 month plan, I told her I did not want a 6 month plan, she then said they had a 60 day same as cash plan and she talked me into this plan. My first mistake!!

She then asked me what my physical address was, I gave it to her. I explained that I live in a community where I do not receive mail at my physical address and that she would need to have my P.O. Box address on all correspondence or the correspondence would be returned. After a few weeks my computers arrived and I talked to DELL several times getting things set up, I might add everyone talked in broken English. I mentioned to everyone I contacted on numerous occasions with DELL, that I was not getting any correspondence and was concerned. On December 5, 2003 I called DELL and talked to a man named JUNE, he also talked with broken ENGLISH, I told him my concern that I was not getting any correspondence and to make sure my P.O. Box was showing on my account, I even asked him if he could make sure that after the ZIPCODE use a dash and my box number.

I was very concerned that I was not getting my BILLS. On January 6, 2004 I received a message on my answering machine from DELL FINANCIALS asking why I had not paid an invoice dated December 23, 2003. I called immediately and was told I owed over $369.00 in finance charges! I called Michelle South (SALESPERSON) and she faxed me an invoice for the two computers. I immediately sent a check in the amount of $2,870.40. The check cleared on January 16, 2004. I have repeatedly called Michelle South's Supervisor, Mike Carey 800-571-3355 x 30558 he is not returning my phone calls.

I received an 8 page fax on January 12, 2004, it was a LOAN AGREEMENT, I had not received it when ordering the computers or I would have never considered purchasing computers from DELL. I received an invoice on February 9, 2004 stating 0.00 balance due, total due 0.00. It does however, show a *Current Loan Balance $394.71. I called DELL again on February 19, 2004 and talked to Brandy, I now owe $500.75! I sent a check today in the amount of $500.75.

I have perfect credit and will not allow DELL to ruin it. I am disputing the $500.75 financing charges. I believe there are enough of us to file a CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!!!

Susan
Pinedale, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2004 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-5292/Dell-Financial-Services-DELl-FINANCIAL-SERVICESDELL-DISHONEST-Carol-Stream-Illinois-81300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services