Complaint Review: dell financial services/dell computers

• Submitted: Wed, December 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, December 04, 2002

• Reported By:great falls Montana
dell financial services/dell computers
www.dellfinancial.com carol stream, Illinois U.S.A.

dell financial services/dell computers ripoff dishonest & fraudulent information incorrect payment amount past due results in credit violation deceptive company Carol Stream Illinois

Dell computer financial services are an extremely good example of just how shitty customer service has become in this fine nation of ours. After moving and not receiving a bill from dell for my purchase, I finally broke down and spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to get the financial services number. ( I finally faked I was going to buy another pc, and got thru right away, and asked to be transferred)

What I found out was that they had never entered into their data base my new address, and so I never received any bills. Being gone all summer fighting fires, I didn't realize that my fi'ance wasn't getting the bills, and consequently not paying them.

So....In October after once again not getting my bills, I contacted dell again, (which only took about an hour this time), asked what I owed to get the account current and paid my bill.

Now in December, after not getting a bill (once again) took about 2 hours this time to get through) was told that I didn't pay enough on my account, (even though I paid what I was told to pay by a dell rep.) and that I owed late fees, and that it was sent to my lovely friends at Experian Credit Agency for being past due. I was also told that there was nothing that dell could do, and that all I could do was protest the negative credit score by writing Experian a letter.

Anyone that has dealt with Experian or credit, knows that fixing credit errors is easier than impregnating yourself. So, my advice to you the consumer is first pay cash if possible, and secondly DO NOT GO THRU DELL FOR ANYTHING.......IT HAS BEEN A TWO YEAR NIGHTMARE, AND THE 2400.00 COMPUTER I PAID FOR, WILL END UP COSTING ME CLOSE TO 5000.00 IF I CONTINUE TO PAY IT OFF MONTHLY. Tell your friends, your co-workers, send out spam, put signs up in your windows. Stop the exploitation of the common consumer......Thankyou!!!

mike
great falls, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2002 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dell-financial-servicesdell-computers/carol-stream-Illinois-60197-4125/dell-financial-servicesdell-computers-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-information-incorrect-37181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dell financial services/dell computers