Complaint Review: Dell

Dell
Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Dell SCROOGED Me Round Rock, Texas

*General Comment: Customer No service

*Consumer Comment: Who is the real scrooge?

An Open Letter to the CEO of Dell

Hi Michael,

We bought a computer as a Christmas Gift for our son from your online store this past November.  You notified us today, you will not be able to deliver our sons Christmas Gift until next year.  We could understand if Santas Sleigh broke down, but it would have been nice to know sooner, as it is now too late to order another computer from somewhere else in time for Christmas.

Originally, our sons Christmas Gift was to be delivered by 12/7, then 12/15. Then, you had to cancel the order because of some snafu.  One of your Elves was nice enough to call us and talk us into placing another order.  He promised to get it to us by 12/19 with overnight shipping.  Overnight shipping, pretty impressive, we will definitely have it in time for Christmas.

You have to imagine our surprise and the Warm Glow our faces when you just now told us we will not have our sons Christmas Gift until some time next year.  And, we really appreciate the link to the "Gift Card" you sent us.  It fills that empty space under the tree.  When other children are playing with their Christmas Gifts this year, our son will be playing with his Gift Card.  Such a magical sight.

What's going on up there at Dell, is no one minding Santa's Workshop?  I am pretty sure it is not Apple or Google undermining your business.

It is not the end of the World, we will adapt.  Thanks for teaching our son a harsh lesson during this most Joyous time of year.

Wishing You and Yours a Very Merry Christmas!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell/Round-Rock-Texas-/Dell-Dell-SCROOGED-Me-Round-Rock-Texas-984260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell

#1 General Comment

Customer No service

AUTHOR: To dell with this - (United States of America)

Same here. Ordered a laptop on Dec 9th and was told it would be shipped on the 18th. I decided to check the order status and it was not shown in the system.

I called to be informed that the delivery date had been moved to January 2nd. I have tried every way possible during evening hours to cancel the order with no luck.

This was also to be a gift for my daughter, the only one I planned on purchasing for her. Really makes me look like a hero on Christmas morning.

I have been a dell customer for over a decade using dell financial services. I was late one day, one time, and dell jumped my interest rate up to 29%. Thanks a lot, dell.

Who is the real scrooge?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So according to how you wrote this report, Dell did this to you intentionally.  Since that is apparently what you think, please explain why they would do this?  Did they just pick you out at random because they could?

Thanks for teaching our son a harsh lesson during this most Joyous time of year
- So is this "harsh" lesson that Christmas is only about the gift you receive?  After all what you are saying in this report is that if there is not a computer under the tree his Christmas will be ruined because he will have to look at everyone else playing with their presents.

Is that REALLY the lesson you want to teach your son?