Complaint Review: Delta Airlines

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Al — honolulu Hawaii
Delta Airlines
1030 Delta Boulevard atlanta, Georgia USA

Delta Airlines Skymiles Delta Arlines Scam: Hoe to scam clients out of their earned Skymiles, and why not to fly with Delta atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I am not sure

I bought a round trip ticket, going from Honolulu to Eaurope and back to Honolulu, due to a family emergency.  Decided to fly for the first time with Delta Airlines.  Paid the ticket with cash through a travel agent.  I was assure I could jon skymiles at airport to get Skymile credit for this very long trip.

I arrived at the Honoluu airport and asked the Delta counter agent if I needed to join the Skymile now to get the ticket credits and was told I could wait up to 9nmonths till trip was finished to redeem my Skymiles credit.

I was really looking forward to getting my miles and credit added to my skymiles account, and to continue traveling with Delta because their cities and schedules work for me.

I just tried to do so through their web site and was give 0 credits.  I called Delta and was told even though it was an expensive long trip I would get 0 credits because ticket was purchased at a travel agency.  Nobody alerted me about this issue till now.

Had I know Delta was going to rip me off like this, I would have gone with United or American Airlines, where they actually do as they promise and advertise.  Will continue to advise others through social media to skip Delta and fly with somebody else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Airlines/atlanta-Georgia-30320-6001/Delta-Airlines-Skymiles-Delta-Arlines-Scam-Hoe-to-scam-clients-out-of-their-earned-Skymi-1083431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Airlines

I am not sure

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am not sure that's the case about buying the ticket through a travel agency would disqualify your milage. You may check their rules on their skymiles site. Maybe there are other conditions that cause the milage to be disqualified. I think the reason you were told is an assumption and not the correct answer.