Complaint Review: Denny's and Absolute Towing

• Updated: Fri, September 24, 2010

• Reported By: WatchDog — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Denny's and Absolute Towing
315 W. Bijou St Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Denny's and Absolute Towing Melissa - Manager of Denny's $200 vehicle tow scam. Cars towed in less than 2 minutes. Denny's making money from scam. Colorado Springs, Colorado

I parked in Denny's parking lot intending to have breakfast while waiting for my son to finish his appointment at the VA. Decided to walk over and let him know that I would be inside Denny's when he was through. I walked literally 100 feet away from my car, told my son where I planned to be, turned around and my car was already hooked up to the tow truck.

I approached the Denny's Manager Melissa and tried to tell her my story and she wouldn't even acknowledge me. She handed me a card and walked away. The card had Absolute Towing's contact info. The manager of Absolute  Towing was sitting in Denny's parking lot with a clipboard and calling in tow trucks from right around the corner to hook cars and tow them away within seconds of the vehicle owners walking away from the vehicle. They do this all day long. It cost me $196 to get my vehicle back and they didn't care what my story was.

I called the police and the officer I spoke with said the same thing happened to his wife in the same parking lot. I went to Absolute Towing at 307 Prairie and they weren't there. It took them nearly an hour to get there after I called so that I could pick up my car. The lady manager was extremely rude, condescending and unapologetic. She then called me a b*tch when she called the  Denny's manager to let her know she got my money. I'm sure the manager got her share within the hour.

This is a scam and I'm fairly certain the Denny's manager is a part of it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dennys-and-Absolute-Towing/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-/Dennys-and-Absolute-Towing-Melissa-Manager-of-Dennys-200-vehicle-tow-scam-Cars-towed-644104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denny's and Absolute Towing