Complaint Review: Dental One Associates

• Updated: Wed, December 18, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Newnan Georgia
Dental One Associates
410 N Jeff Davis Dr, Fayetteville, Georgia USA

Dental One Associates Dental One FayettevilleDentist Fayetteville Georgia Double Charging and Over charging consumers Fayetteville Georgia

I was told by the male receptionist when I called Dental One Associates Fayetteville to schedule a checkup that I had to come in for a deep cleaning before I could be seen by my dentist or have a checkup. I said, really? Who said that I have to have this done? He said your dentist. I said, I want to know exactly who? Since there are several dentists in this office.

He paused and then looked up my records and told me my dentists name. I said, could you please check and tell me how much I have to pay and how much my insurance will cover for this? I was told a specific amount for a whole mouth deep cleaning and I said to this male receptionist that I am going to call my insurance company.

I called my insurance company and they said that the dentist office did not precertify this procedure. My insurance company also stated that the amount the dentist office was trying to charge me would have been double the amount or rate they had given the insurance company.

I immediately called Dental One Associates Fayettevile and told them what my insurance company said. Different people kept getting on the phone. No one could rectify or explain this huge discrepancy. I was told that the insurance representative at their office would get back to me. It has now been a week and I have not heard anything from anyone.

I now question how long has this been going on? I assume that I was probably double charged/overcharged for the previous work that I had done. How many other consumers are being ripped off? Buyer beware!!!

Now I know why when I went to Dental One Associates Fayetteville that I was told that the insurance company was rejecting the claims that they were submitting. And I was paying a large amount for treatment even though I was told by Dental One Associates Fayetteville that I had good insurance.

This is one of many reasons why I cringe when I think about going to a dentist. There is no honesty amongst thieves. Everyone in that office has to know what is going on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dental-One-Associates/Fayetteville-Georgia-30214/Dental-One-Associates-Dental-One-FayettevilleDentist-Fayetteville-Georgia-Double-Charging-1108143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dental One Associates