Complaint Review: Denver Health Medical Center, Carola Webb and American Medical Response

• Submitted: Sat, June 08, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, June 08, 2013

• Reported By: cdarlastar — Denver Colorado
Denver Health Medical Center, Carola Webb and American Medical Response
777 Bannock St, MC 6000l and AMR P.O. Box 847199 Denver; Dallas, Colorado USA
  • Phone: 1-877-956-2111;3036022261
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Denver Health Medical Center, Carola Webb and American Medical Response Wrongful billing for Medicare Select free transport to appointments at Denver Health by Denver Health, Access2Care and American Medical Response and they have not taken care of it for two months after assuring me that they would Denve Colorado Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Run Spellcheck!

*Author of original report: The transportation is part of my health benefit

*General Comment: possibly..

I have contacted all the people involved in this at Denver Health and AMR and Access 2 Care Transportation for at least two months several times via email, telephone and fax, and have found serious errors have been made regarding the billing on this which is going to impact my credit on June 13, 2013, according to the threatening letter received by me on Saturday, June 08, 2013. If you don’t take this seriously, I am going to report it to the Insurance Commission, the State of Colorado Consumer Affairs and Department of Regulatory Services in the State of Colorado. I will also contact all the news channels to see if this can be made public. I am posting on the Ripoff Report as well. This has gone too far! I was assured by Carola Webb and others at Denver Health that this would be taken care of and it has not been addressed. I want immediate relief from this and am putting Denver Health on notice immediately that if this is not resolved promptly, there will be repercussions. This is in addition to the healthcare debacle I have had to endure since enrolling at Denver Health.  Fix this immediately

An email sent Saturday, June 8, 2013 after receiving my third billing by American Medical Response from Dallas TX.

-----Original Message-----
From: email from me
To: billing_inquiries <billing_inquiries@amr.net>
Sent: Sat, Jun 8, 2013 2:52 am
Subject: American Medical Response wrongful billing via Denver Health Medical Center Denver CO

American Medical Response Billing

RE: Denver Health Medical Center

Patient:

AMR Trip Number: 1011304587300

Date of Service: April 15, 2013

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a Medicare Select insured patient at Denver Health Medical Plan and have been wrongfully billed for AMR wheelchair van, which I did not request and which van was sent by Denver Health vendor Access 2 Care and which FREE transportation service is part of my plan.

This took place when I had a visit to the Eye Clinic at Denver Health Pavillion on April 15. I was surprised to see a wheelchair van but had to get to my 1:50 p.m. appointment and expressed my surprise at such a van being sent. I complained about riding to my appointment in a wheelchair but it was the only seating available in that van save for the front which I could not climb up to since I am 72 years old. I did not request the van and was aggravated that it was sent and not regular transport such as a taxi.

I have telephoned several times since getting this bill (I have now received three) and spoke to people, one named Gabby in Colorado either at the Colorado Springs office or at the Denver office on Saturday, May 16, 2013. I put her in touch with Member Services supervisor, Theresa, and faxed to Theresa in Mid-May 2013, a copy of the billing from AMR. Member Services number is 303-602-2111. I was assured that this was being paid for by Denver Health and Member Services was telling the persons who billed me that they, Denver Health, were responsible.

I have now gotten another threatening letter dated June 3, 2013 telling me that on June 13, 2013, that it will go to collections; this is all about my credit rating and am livid about this inefficient and bumbling system.  Denver Health Member Services informed me that if it goes to collections that they can do nothing about it!

I expect you to contact Carola Webb at Customer Service Grievance office at Denver Health at 303-602-2122. Her email address is Carola.Webb@dhha.org and I am sending her a copy of this email.

I followed up with Carola Webb and was told that this Theresa Member Services Supervisor is on vacation. I asked for the resolution of this billing for more than one month and have received nothing but your dunning bills.

I am going to sue you and Denver Health if this is not taken care of immediately!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Denver-Health-Medical-Center-Carola-Webb-and-American-Medical-Response/Denver-Dallas-Colorado-802047528/Denver-Health-Medical-Center-Carola-Webb-and-American-Medical-Response-Wrongful-billing-1057520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denver Health Medical Center, Carola Webb and American Medical Response

Run Spellcheck!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Also, you need to run spellcheck on your stuff.  MYOB is what you need to do.  So, remember, it is none of your business.  The free transport is written into the contract and is something the insurance company, which is covered by Denver Health Medical Center via Denver Health Medicare Advantage Programs and Medicare have on file as being benefits.  There is no dispute regarding their responsibility but the dispute, for your edification, is that someone screwed up the paperwork and this should have never been billed.  You do not seem to comprehend the  most basic English, thus I have spelled it out for you.  Get it?

The transportation is part of my health benefit

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Needless to say, you are rebutting something about which you know nothing.  This is one of my benefits and I did not choose the transport method, Access2Care is the one who sent the  van and told  me that when they have no other available they use the AMR wheelchair van.   IT IS PART OF  MY  BENEFITS, IN CASE YOU CAN'T READ.  You are not part of this and thus have nothing of importance to  add to this. Please butt out, and stop illustrating that you have the IQ of a rock or a toad.

#3 General Comment

possibly..

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Much like anything in this world you have to read and know the fine print. A normal transport may have been free for you but this is a specialty transport. As such your use of the vehicle constitutes an agreement to pay for it. Doctors appt aside, you could have refused the ride. Since you took it you have to pay for it. That ride that you took COULD have been used for someone in a wheelchair. You might try and negotiate with them on the price. As you have free rides normally, have them apply what that "free" ride normally costs towards the billing of the van. Thats about all you would be able to do. You can try and sue but they have better lawyers then you. Its going to cost you more money then paying the bill would be worth. Simply because im 100% sure the insurance company has their butts covered in thier contracts. You can try but the frustartion is not worth it.

Funny thing about principle, much like the soap box, it can be kicked out from under you.