Complaint Review: Depco Parts

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2003

• Reported By:Virginia City Nevada
Depco Parts
11827 State Road 238 East Noblesville, Indiana U.S.A.

Depco Parts (Bob Jr.) ripoff, lying dishonest company, who are the exact opposite of the customer satisfaction they guarantee. Noblesville Indiana

I placed an ad on the internet at enginecore.com looking for a used Ford 6.6 Diesel motor. I was contacted in July of 2001, by Bob Jr. (the owners son) of Depco Parts that he had the motor I was looking for. I needed the same motor for a truck I have that only had a bent rod in one of the cylinders and could not afford to rebuild it.

I asked about the condition of the motor and he stated, it was complete les fuel system and that he "guaranteed all castings were good and that it would turn 360 degrees." It sounded like what I needed and agreed to purchase the motor for $600.00 plus shipping quoted to be around $200.

A day or so later I recieved a message that the motor would not turn 360 degrees, but was probably a little stuck due to some rust on the rings. When I called him back he was gone, but spoke with one of his employees who he told me to contact in his absense. I was reluctant to purchase the engine, but the employee stated that if I had problems, Bob Jr. would stand behind it and make some type of adjustment or deal with it. I agreed to buy the engine.

The engine arrived and the freight was much higher that originally quoted as well (about $389). After two days of trying to free the engine and taking the head off, to my dismay I found the cylinders filled with Titanic type rust and extreme corrosion to cylinder walls and parts making the motor completely useless to me.

I contacted Bob Jr. and on his own he agreed to send me another block that he would have sleeved at his facility. Well days turned into weeks and so on, and my phone calls and e-mails stated that they were still working on the motor. Ultimately he became angry stating that this motor was becoming expensive to him and subsequently would not answer my calls or e-mails which I have tried since them.

His company has an entire page dedicated to how "our 25 employees are dedicated to customer service and guarantee satisfaction". This is a blatant lie as he sold me a useless heap of junk in the first place, offerred to make it right which I felt was fair and thought his company was good and honest, but since he never fullfilled his promises, I can only assume he ripped me off from the start. I warn others to not deal with him or his company.

Mark
Moundhouse, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Depco-Parts/Noblesville-Indiana-46060/Depco-Parts-Bob-Jr-ripoff-lying-dishonest-company-who-are-the-exact-opposite-of-the-c-69071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Depco Parts