Complaint Review: Dermatology Medical Group

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Disheartened — Oxnard California
Dermatology Medical Group
2811 N Ventura Road, Oxnard CA 93036 Camarillo, California USA

Dermatology Medical Group Disheartened Patient is refused service Camarillo California

*Author of original report: "Money not being an issue"

*Consumer Suggestion: This medical provider owed YOU nothing...

I was recently refferred to a specilist for a severe skin allergy I have been suffering with for over a month. My primary physican assured me he is the best and would be happy to treat me.

I called to make an appointment but was denied service over a petty $191.00 of outstanding balance I overlooked to pay on a previous visit years back. I assured them I would settle their balance immediately (money not being an issue) in the hope I can see Jacob E. Lau, MD.

They were rude and uncompassionate, despite my explaining how 60% of my body is covered with rashes, itch and has debilitated my overall health due to lack of sleep and axiety over it. I was dismissed with a number to a collection agency and they would hear no more.

While I undertand billing issues, working with medical corporate giants myself; it comes down to good business ethic and basic human compassion. More could have been done with a patient in desperate need. I wasn't going in for a nose job or liposuction and knowing a bit of law and policy.. the bill could have been settled in their office indeed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermatology-Medical-Group/Camarillo-California-93010/Dermatology-Medical-Group-Disheartened-Patient-is-refused-service-Camarillo-California-1055146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermatology Medical Group

"Money not being an issue"

AUTHOR: Disheartened - ()

Did you "Overlook" that part of the report? Most likely.

Spare me your pamphlet psychology. Who are you speaking for? Becareful who you call a liar..

#2 Consumer Suggestion

This medical provider owed YOU nothing...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"I called to make an appointment but was denied service over a petty $191.00 of outstanding balance I overlooked to pay on a previous visit years back."

They just decided they could "overlook" providing another likely unpaid service to you.

As they say, you messed in your own nest.  It's hard to "overlook" a bill for this long, after all the notices you certainly got.

You, are a LIAR.