Complaint Review: Dermitage

• Submitted: Sat, January 22, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, January 22, 2011

• Reported By: jamie99 — stevens point Wisconsin United States of America
5300 Ontario Mills Parkway, Unit 400 Ontario, California United States of America

Dermitage dirty marketing tactics Ontario, California

I found an article online for Dermitage skin care products and saw that they offered a free trial. Stating that I ONLY need to pay for shipping and handling and that if I was not satisfied with the product I need only to return it. So I placed an order and was charged 5.95. However, when I received my package the invoice stated I had only 14 days to try their product and would then be charged 89.95. Well needless to say I was quite startled as I had received prior information about the fee. I double checked the website from which I ordered from and saw NO information, even in fine print that I would be charged anything but 5.95. I figured I try the product, did, was not impressed and quickly called the 1-800 number to receive a RMA number to return the product. The lady was nice enough and offered me a reduced price of 39.95. I said no and was told I would be emailed my RMA number and had 30 days to return the product. I returned the product, at my own expense and was not charged the 89.95. I just want to warn people out there what this company is doing. I do not think it is a very fair business practice at all! I was one of the lucky ones not to find an extra charge on my credit card but was still disappointed that a company would do business this way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermitage/Ontario-California-/Dermitage-dirty-marketing-tactics-Ontario-California-685546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermitage