Complaint Review: Desert Falls Villas I HOA

• Updated: Tue, December 24, 2013

• Reported By: Learned too late...learn from me — Alberta
Desert Falls Villas I HOA
99 Desert Falls Drive East Palm Desert, California USA

Desert Falls Villas I HOA Desert Falls Master Association If you are thinking about buying a property here, DON'T Palm Desert California

I recently purchased a property here and was horrified to discover I received $1000 fine for my trash barrel being left out.  Was told by my realtor that "the HOA will execute all external repairs promptly."  By the way, did I mention that the realtor was a friend of the HOA President?  Needless to say, none of the repairs have been done as requested, I have paid $1,000 in fines my first 6 months of ownership and the only thing the HOA seems to be effective at is collecting more of my money.  Buyer beware...a lot of unhappy residents who seem to like picking on one another for entertainment.  I have money to burn but this is the worst retirement investment I have ever made.  Do not be surprised if you see some billboards on 1-10 telling people to look elsewhere.  I have friends at Palm Valley and Ironwood...I will be going there once I sell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2013 04:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Falls-Villas-I-HOA/Palm-Desert-California-92211/Desert-Falls-Villas-I-HOA-Desert-Falls-Master-Association-If-you-are-thinking-about-buyin-1109605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Falls Villas I HOA