Complaint Review: Desert Flower

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Larry — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Desert Flower
9185 E. Desert Cover Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Desert Flower "has a nice facade but read on to see what can happen to you" Scottsdale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: comment

My mother who has dementia lived at Desert Flower for 3 years and left in July 2012.  The first year and half was fine then the nightmares began to happen.  While my mother was in assisted living the facility had a hard time understanding that assisted living meant you were to assist the person living onsite.

My mother fell and was on the floor for several hours and then ended up in the hospital.  After she returned from 3 days in the hospital and 30 days in skilled nursing the appropriate personnel at Desert Flower forgot to inform the caregivers she was back and she fell the very next day trying to find her way to the dining room.

After I complained for months to the executive director of the facility that my mother was not being cared for the executive director locked me out of the facility.  She did so by calling the Scottsdale police and had me served with a no trespassing order.

Since I am my mothers power of attorney and filled her pill boxes weekly my mothers welfare was immediately compromised when I no longer was allowed in the facility.

Therefore, I obtained legal counsel and had my mother removed from this nightmare facility.  In addition, I have filed with all appropriate Arizona state agencies against Desert Flower.

Hopefully no one else will ever receive such treatment from this facility that takes your money each month and then locks you out after you complain about their poor care giving services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 01:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Flower/Scottsdale-Arizona-85268/Desert-Flower-has-a-nice-facade-but-read-on-to-see-what-can-happen-to-you-Scottsdale-954727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Flower

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Thank God your mother has a conscientious son like you who cares about her :-)  Too many of our elders have no one to advocate for them.

My mother (age 82) was in a rehab facility (the best in our town) following knee replacement surgery.  After one week she had a debilitating case of c.diff, which is a bacterial infection of the gut.  She lost almost 40 pounds from the vomiting and diarrhea.  In addition, she's incontinent from a previous stroke and they didn't change her often enough. She ended up with open, raw sores on her bottom.  My brother called me and we decided to bring her home. Within two days I had the sores healing up and the c.diff being treated.

We are fortunate that my mother has the financial means to afford the best care, but we sure couldn't find it! I now stay home and take care of her full time.

I know not all people have the resources we have (both financial and familial) to care for their parents at home but I'm convinced it's the best option.