Complaint Review: detail doctor

• Reported By: Dana — auburn Alabama
detail doctor

detail doctor Flammable Internet

*Consumer Comment: Read the bottle

*Consumer Comment: I think it is not good stuff hurts cars

As for the product, it works well. Be advised, it does leave a thin rubbery layer and it will wash off before it is said to.
My concern is that I left the sponge applicator on my porch and came running around the house to smoke. The sun had shone down on it and caused it to burst into flames. There is no warning label on the package nor bottle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/detail-doctor/internet/detail-doctor-Flammable-Internet-1039489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on detail doctor

Read the bottle

AUTHOR: TurboFiat124 - ()

Actually if you look on the back of the bottle, first paragraph it says, "Contains linseed oil which when dries causes heat to be generated and can cause rags to spontaniously combust if not handled properly". When I read that was like "HUH!"

I never noticed any heat being generated from the product but I did lay the rag I used on the floor away from anything just in case.

Furthermore I was not impressed with the product. It looks nice when first applied but the next day it came a hard rain and what I had applied to looked terrible. So far as "Last for months".

But what really irrirates me is I now have this multi-colored flim on my windows and side of the car! Window cleaner won't remove it! But if I rub hard enough with my thumb it will come off. It looks like I will need to go over the entire car with a wax remover used to prep cars before painting to remove this film.

I think it is not good stuff hurts cars

AUTHOR: krissy052274 - ()

I bought that at walgreens detail doctor seemed to leave a weird film and eat away at a little part of my dash does not work please dont buy it leaves sticky stuff as well and flamable geez great you shoyld defenitely have a big case only linseed oil isnt that natural it is not worth be given away.