Complaint Review: development-management, incorporated

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: john — cary North Carolina United States of America
development-management, incorporated
1701 east 3rd street, Charlotte, nc 28204 charlotte, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 704-343-0056
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

development-management, incorporated DMI inc. Just be careful when accepting their "free rent" period. Opening a business takes time and they told me they would give me 4 months free rent for signing a long term lease. That free rent did not ta charlotte, North Carolina

I signed a lease and they said they would give me 4 months free rent for signing a lease for 4 years. But the 4 months free rent started 7 days after signing the lease!!!! If you know anything about business, it takes much longer than that do get the space up and running such as: getting the power turned on, phone, business license, signs ordered and installed (as required by the their own shopping center), getting inspections from the city.

I opened about 30 days from getting the keys. I've had plenty experiences with leases and when a property management tells me that I have a few months of free rent, never did I assume that it would begin 7 days after the previous tenant vacated the space!

Don't be like me and assume when they say they will give you free rent that it starts on the day you open (as in my other leases). They work with a company called: development-management, inc (dmi) and their "free rent" starts whenever they want it to start. So this report is so that  I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did:(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/development-management-incorporated/charlotte-North-Carolina-28204/development-management-incorporated-DMI-inc-Just-be-careful-when-accepting-their-free-r-956779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on development-management, incorporated