worn

• Updated: Tue, June 03, 2014

• Reported By: victim-of-a-quack — New Orleans Louisiana
Devereux & Nguyen Orthodontics
2330 Gause Blvd E Slidell, Louisiana USA

Devereux & Nguyen Orthodontics Beware: neglective, shameless, careless... Slidell Louisiana

I left their practice more than a year ago after 5 months of suffering and I'm still dealing with consequences of their negligence.

I understand that there are quacks in each profession, but what can be worse than a charlatan with medical license, who doesn't care about his patients and feel no shame or guilt of hurting people?

Here are just a few episodes of their negligence:

1. I had a deep bite and needed some sort of a glue to be added to some of my upper teeth to keep them safe from chipping (upper teeth were hittng directly on the lower teeth brackets). Devereux put the brackets on very quickly (of course!), but I could barely close my mouth. I told him about it. He said: "Do you want me to remove you lower braces?" No comments. I didn't know what to say and I didn't know yet that the "glue" was needed and just left in shock (was discharged, actually). I could NOT eat anything because I couldn't chew - upper teeth were hitting directly on the lower brackets) However, I was hungry and tried to find a way to chew. Got on of my teeth chipped... Next day I had to take a day off and drive 80 miles back to ther clinic and begged them to do something. This time they put some glue on my teeth and I was able to eat..

2. Next time they put a wire in 2 times thicker than I was ready for. Plus, there was something wrong with how one of the brackets was placed. (That I know from comments made by the doctor, which I recorded, by the way). Plus, the orthodontic assistant was absolutely incompetent, dangerous for human beings and, I assume, mentally retarded. It felt like she was working with hammer on my teeth. Can't forgive myself that I let her touch (and damage) me and didn't stop her. After she was done, I felt immediate, very strong pain and I asked the "doctor" to check. Devereux said that the wire were way to thick and removed it. Of course, it was almost 5 pm and he was probably in a hurry, so he forgot to put a power chain piece everywhere it was needed.

I left in pain and in tears. (By the way, I was almost the last one to leave the clinic, only a cleaning lady with the key was still there, all personnel were gone) But the biggest surprise were still ahead:

3. As I said, Devereux were trying to fix the mistakes of his incompetent assistant, but being in a hurry, forgot about the power chain piece. As a result, my # 8 shifted to the right very fast (2-3 hours) and I got a 2 mm (!) gap between my #8 and #9 (those are the two front upper teeth) And I never had a gap there before. Because of direct force it happened so fast and the pain was unbearable. I had to drive back again and they put more power chains and it shifted back very quickly again (took 2-3 hours).

Everybody who has brain, understands that it's very dangerous for the teeth and that's why it take 2-3 years of treatment, because there should be about 1 mm of movement per month (!), otherwise there is a possibility to damage the roots permanently.

4. They knew 100% that they were neglective and that they damaged my teeth, but when I started asking questions and show that I was not happy, they became very cynical. I was told by another dr. of their cliic - Duvernay - that I "shouldn't question them, because didn't go the medical school, so couldn't know what was going on". He offered me a full refund in case I didn't want to continue treatment with them. However, when I left their clinic for good, he sent me a letter that he "reconsidered and there won't be any refund".

When I started the treatment, they even didn't take my x-ray! When I was in pain (which they caused!) and I asked them to take an x-ray to check if my roots were okay, they just ignored my request and told me that it was not my place to decide and ask.

In addition to this - I was getting automated calls 2-3 times per week that my payment was past due for about 6 months after I left their clinic (was not their patient anymore).

Some other details about their practice:

-Outdated facilities - you have to make a trip to the sink if you need to rinse. Even third-world countries' dental clinics have better equipment nowadays.

-They still write everything (patient history, appointments history) by hand - no computers! LOL

-They have 7-9 small offices (not sure how many exactly) around the state. In some of them they come once a month! Can you imagine how many patients they have to see and how does it affect the quality of their services?

I know that the charlatan and crew will still operate and keep hurting people. I hope that karma does exist and everybody responsible for hurting me (and I am sure many others) will get it back and become victims of medical incompetence and negligence themselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2014 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Devereux-Nguyen-Orthodontics/Slidell-Louisiana-70461/Devereux-amp-Nguyen-Orthodontics-Beware-neglective-shameless-careless-Slidell-Lou-1151708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Devereux & Nguyen Orthodontics