Museum

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: TH — Spring Texas United States of America
dhcameras
3075 S. Bonfield St. Chicago, Illinois United States of America

dhcameras rongyuanxie(ebay seller) camera repair scam and/or fraud...They sell you a defective part and/or ask you to send your camera for "free" assistance.You never get your camera back and they don't respond to phone or e-mails. Chicago, Illinois

I bought a replacement lens from them on ebay and it was defective. They offered to fix the problem free if I would send my camera to dhcameras in Chicago, which I did. They e-mailed confirmation of receiving my camera and communicated with me with trivial comments and questions until the 45 day time limit for me to file a "case" with ebay had expired. Since then, they have refused to reply to e-mails or to my phone calls(their phone is always answered by machine).

This is apparently how they "screen" their calls. I suspect they get cameras with their offer for free service and then sell the repaired camera in their store, dhcameras, or for parts on their ebay site. I brought this info to the attention to ebay and got no help or cooperation at all! I also plan to report this to the BBB, Illinois attorney general and Chicago police dept. fraud division. This all started in Dec., 2012 and as of today(Feb.,2013) I am still without my camera nor will they communicate with me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dhcameras/Chicago-Illinois-60608/dhcameras-rongyuanxieebay-seller-camera-repair-scam-andor-fraudThey-sell-you-a-defe-1020456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dhcameras