• Report: #1061922

10615 Park Run Dr Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Diamond Resorts - Premier Vacation Collection Timeshare Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Same Position

*General Comment: Timeshare Scams

Has anyone successfully "pushed back" to Diamond Resorts about their timeshare "ownership"?  We bought from ILX at the Los Abrigados Resort in Sedona AZ and paid off the "loan" which meant we had clear title to our ownership.  Unfortunately, ILX sold out to Diamond Resorts and now annual fees cost more than a stay at a very nice resort almost anywhere!

We have retired and can no longer afford to pay the outrageous annual "maintenance" fees and have been unable (for over a year) to find anyone to buy this ownership.  We were only asking for the annual fee ($859.00) and the transfer fee ($275) and had it listed with a company who charged us an upfront fee (talk about good money after bad...) and got no results.

I have reviewed the old (2010) comments/reports, but see no followup with anything more current.  Do I just need to let them go forward with collection harrassment?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Resorts-Premier-Vacation-Collection/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89144/Diamond-Resorts-Premier-Vacation-Collection-Timeshare-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1061922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Resorts - Premier Vacation Collection

Same Position

AUTHOR: Stephen - ()

I'm in the same position and filed a report too. I never had any agreement with Diamond and actually never signed with ILX. I gained my "ownership" via a relative's gift. I've filed a complaint with the Atty Gen. of AZ and the BBB of Southern Nevada. I've decided I'd rather pay legal fees if necessary than let this openly fraudelant company get any more of my money. I'd love to see a class action suit established and would willingly participate. If I make no headway with Diamond, my plan is to contact an attorney later this year before my next years maintenance dues are due.

#2 General Comment

Timeshare Scams

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

I’ve always been wary of timeshares, and for good reason, apparently. The upside is that the cost of staying in a hotel includes room service, cleaning, etc – things you don’t get during your stay in a timeshare. I can see how it could be considered an “investment in lifestyle,” but that seems like a wasteful and silly way to spend my money. That’s just me. However, I recommend you to read these articles from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how to get rid of a timeshare properly: http://www.timesharescam.com/ hope this helps