Complaint Review: Diamonds International

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: BVSmith — Elk Grove California United States of America
Diamonds International
38 W48th Street NY, NY 10036 Ketchikan, Alaska United States of America

Diamonds International Intentional misrepresentation is fraud! Ketchikan, Alaska

*Consumer Suggestion: possible solution

I am reporting a problem with a jewelry purchase at Diamonds International.  I visited their store in Ketchikan, Alaska, while a passenger on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship in July, 2012.

I went to the store specifically because of the enthusiastic recommendations of the port shopping consultant from the cruise ship.  The shopping consultant was present at the time I made my purchase.

I purchased loose diamonds to upgrade the stones I had in an existing three stone diamond ring.  Upon returning home, I discovered through the independent appraisal process that the primary stone I purchased had been laser drilled to enhance the clarity of the stone.

I have since learned that this is a common practice, but that the jeweler must disclose this fact to the consumer since treatment of a stone may make it fragile and subject to fracture.  Not only was I not informed, but the receipt falsely claimed that I had been given the EGL certificate for the stone.  The certificate was not given to me, because it clearly states that the stone is laser drilled.

The salesperson knowingly mispresented the quality of the diamond, and that's fraud!  I only discovered this because I paid to have an independent appraisal performed.

I have since negotiated a settlement with Diamonds International, but they are extremely slow in processing the refund.

My main concerns are as follows:

• fraudulent misrepresentation at the retail site
  • the lengthy and expensive process I have been forced to endure to obtain a settlement
  • NCL knowingly sends their patrons into these shops with glowing
    recommendations which I now believe are patently false and self-serving
While I believe I will eventually get my money back, this has been a frustrating and disheartening experience.  I will certainly be more careful in the future and far less trusting of a representative of any company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamonds-International/Ketchikan-Alaska-/Diamonds-International-Intentional-misrepresentation-is-fraud-Ketchikan-Alaska-943184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamonds International

#1 Consumer Suggestion

possible solution

AUTHOR: ALEXANDER - (United States of America)

For people who  have a problem with Diamonds International may I suggest you send your "problem" to Jo-Ann and she will take up your case for a fee of $100  YES $100!!

She took my case on with DI after a $10,000 "Crown of Light" diamond just fell out of its setting as it was poorly set.

She won a full refund and the cost of a specialist expert to review the setting for $400. I would suggest that you contact her right away if you have problems with Diamonds Internation.

Jo-Ann Sperano