Complaint Review: DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Dearly I — California United States of America
DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL
38 West 48th Street, New York, NY 10036 Nassau, Select State/Province Bahamas

DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL diamondsinternational.com DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL IS A SCAM, A RIP-OFF! Nassau, Bahamas

*Consumer Suggestion: possible solution

BEWARE! DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL (BRANCHES ALL OVER THE CARIBBEAN). THEY ARE A SCAM, RIP-OFF I visited their store branch at Nassau, Bahamas and bought a 3-stone oval shaped diamond ring. When I bought the ring, I was assured and told by the salesperson and her Manager that the ring I was buying have good quality diamonds on it. In my mind, a "good" quality diamond is at least an SI1 or above, and that is why I negotiated, bought, and paid for the ring for the price of $7,100. I had asked for an appraisal to ensure that the diamonds on the ring I was buying was in fact a "good" quality diamond.

They had informed me that they will issue and give me the appraisal when I had already paid/bought the ring. Since the ring was in yellow gold ( I wanted it in white gold) and it wasn't my exact ring size, they had asked me to pay the ring ahead of time and go back to the store to pick it up after they were done sizing it up and converting it to white gold. When I went and picked up the ring, the store was already in the process of closing for the day, giving me no time to inspect the ring and review the appraisal.

When I got to my hotel, I was disappointed when I saw the appraisal that indicated the diamonds are I3 quality (which this rating does not even exist on the official Gemologist rating system). The next day, I immediately called the store, and spoke to an Andy from their Customer Service, informing them of my disappointment and wanted to return the ring. I contacted them NUMEROUS times, pleaded my case, negotiated an exchange for a better quality ring, but they refused to help me and WON'T refund my money! These people are plain scammers! DO NOT make a mistake of buying any type of jewelry from them, they will rip you off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIAMONDS-INTERNATIONAL/Nassau-Select-StateProvince-/DIAMONDS-INTERNATIONAL-diamondsinternationalcom-DIAMONDS-INTERNATIONAL-IS-A-SCAM-A-RIP-O-922408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL

#1 Consumer Suggestion

possible solution

AUTHOR: ALEXANDER - (United States of America)

For people who  have a problem with Diamonds International may I suggest you send your "problem" to Jo-Ann and she will take up your case for a fee of $100  YES $100!!

She took my case on with DI after a $10,000 "Crown of Light" diamond just fell out of its setting as it was poorly set.

She won a full refund and the cost of a specialist expert to review the setting for $400. I would suggest that you contact her right away if you have problems with Diamonds Internation.

Jo-Ann Sperano