Complaint Review: dignifiedcaskets.com

• Submitted: Sat, June 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, June 30, 2012

• Reported By: Choung — Riverside California United States of America
dignifiedcaskets.com
647 Billinis Rd Ste 5, Salt Lake City, Utah 84119 Internet United States of America

dignifiedcaskets.com Sunset Casket, LLC Providing False Information to Make A Sale Internet

I contacted DignifiedCaskets.com on 6-28-12 at late night to inquire about a casket for a family member who passed away.  Matt, the owner would say anything to get a sale.  When he picked up the call, he claimed that somehow my call got routed to him and he was the only one who can give me good pricing..so I need to place my order right away to ensure good pricing.  When I called him a few times later, turn out that he was the only one that picked up the calls.  Secondly, when I asked if sales tax were included since his online ad mentioned free shipping, he said yes.  After he charged my credit card, I confronted him when I realized that sales tax were not included, he told me I misunderstood and that the additional fee was due to shipping cost.  I asked him why online says it was free shipping, he claimed that anything less than 3 days would be at cost.  When I later went on his website online to see how much shipping would be based  on my zip code, it would have been free based on next day delivery. After I placed the order with him around 10:30 pm, I called back 15 minutes later to cancel it.  He did not picked up the phone but let it go to voicemail.    I called two more times before 11:00 pm before leaving a message that I want to cancel. He called on 6-29-12 at 5 am in the morning to tell me that the order was shipped instantly, after I placed my order around 10:30 pm. I find it hard to believe that the casket can be pulled and placed on a place around 11 pm at night.  He told me that there is nothing he can do about it because the casket was already on the plane (again this was 5 am when he called) and that I would have to pay 25% restocking fee and freight charges since it was on the plane to me from Phoenix, Arizona.  When I called to complain later on, he told me that he cannot do anything about it since he only made a $125 profit, which is a lied, due to him making special arrangements to ship it from Salt Lake City.  Now, when I initially talked to him, he told me that the casket would be coming from a local near my home in San Diego.  Later when I placed the order, he told me it would be coming from Phoenix Arizona.  So, Salt Lake City?  I don't know what is the truth anymore.  Anyway, he overcharged from credit card and has not corrected it.  He never sent me my invoice by 9 am on 6-29-12 as promised.  I would complain to him but my last conversation with him ended with him telling me never to call him again.  His online website stated 100% satisfaction guaranteed.  What a lied.  Then again, everything he has told me has been a lied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2012 04:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dignifiedcasketscom/internet/dignifiedcasketscom-Sunset-Casket-LLC-Providing-False-Information-to-Make-A-Sale-Interne-904942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dignifiedcaskets.com