Complaint Review: DILLARDS DEPARTMENT STORE

• Submitted: Sun, February 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 03, 2009

• Reported By:Moreno Valley California
DILLARDS DEPARTMENT STORE
1255 W RANCHO VISTA BLVD. PALMDALE, California U.S.A.

DILLARDS DEPARTMENT STORE REFUSE TO HONOR RETURN POLICY PALMDALE California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: customers abuse the return system

I PURCHASED A COCKTAIL DRESS JAN. 19, 2009 FROM THE DILLARDS DEPATMENT STORE IN ARIZONA WHILE ON VACATION. WHEN I RETURNED HOME TO CALIFORNIA I TRIED THE DRESS ON AGAIN AND RELIZED THAT IT SHOWED TO MUCH CLEVAGE. I LOOKED UP DILLARDS ON THE INTERNET AND FOUND THE NEAREST STORE TO ME 70 MILES AWAY. I DROVE THE 70 MILES TO RETURN THE DRESS WHICH HAD THE ORGINAL TAGS AND I ALSO HAD THE RECEIPT. TO MY SURPRISE WHEN I TRIED TO RETURN THE DRESS I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE DRESS BECAUSE IT LOOKED TO THEM THAT IT HAD BEEN WORN. I EXPLAINED TO THE STORE MANAGER THAT I NEVER WORE THE DRESS THAT I PURCHASED THE DRESS FROM THE SALE RACK AND THAT IS HOW IT WAS GIVEN TO ME. SHE SAID IT LOOKED LIKE DEORDORANT WAS ON THE DRESS, I TOLD HER AGAIN YES I TRIED THE DRESS ON MORE THAN ONCE AND WHO'S SAY HOW MANY PEOPLE TRIED THAT SAME DRESS ON. THEY REFUSED TO LET ME RETURN IT. I FEEL I WAS RIPPED OFF. WHERE IS THE TIME THAT THE CUSTOMER IS RIGHT. I FELT VIOLATED AND ENBARASSED. IN THESE BAD ECONOMIC TIMES I FEEL THEY WOULD HAVE MADE ANY EXCUSE NOT TO RETURN DRESS. MIND YOU, WHEN IN ARIZONA I SPENT OVER $500.00 AT DILLARDS. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT DILLARDS AGAIN. I ADVISE ANYONE ELSE IF YOU MIGHT TAKE SOMETHING BACK, SHOP AT MACY'S OR NORDSTOMS, THEY APPRECIATE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Pat
Moreno Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DILLARDS-DEPARTMENT-STORE/PALMDALE-California-93551/DILLARDS-DEPARTMENT-STORE-REFUSE-TO-HONOR-RETURN-POLICY-PALMDALE-California-421678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DILLARDS DEPARTMENT STORE

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

customers abuse the return system

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Customers must realize that they own what they buy & are, in effect, selling it back to the store. When they return it, it MUST be in saleable condition. If the dress did not look brand new & never worn, it wasn't NEW anymore. How many times was it tried on? How long was it worn when it was tried on? What did you do in it when you tried it on? Did you perspire when you tried it on?

I have worked for Gimble's,Robinson's, Fortunoff's, Dillards, etc.

Customers abuse the return option. Some to the extream. I now work for Macy's and there are people that return 75% of what they buy.

When I worked for Burdine's, there was a local News Anchor that bought an expensive dress from Burdine's & wore it on a telivised affair that Burdines employees saw her wear the dress on. She later returned the dress & swore that she never wore it. She was the laughing stock of the store. If you are out there & reading this, Sue, we weren't the idiots you thought we were.

Women, especially, return more than half of what they buy.

I sold Ladies Shoes for Dillards in Countryside Mall, Clearwater, Florida for about 1 1/2 years in the early 2000's.

Women are the worst abusers of the retail return system.