Complaint Review: Diningroomsoutlet.com

• Submitted: Wed, January 08, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: Mrsd — Nassau New York
129 48 th street Brooklyn, New York USA

Diningroomsoutlet.com Bedroomfurniturediscounts.com Dishonest business taken to a new level Brooklyn New York

We ordered a dining room set in September. Delivery promised for late November. Didn't arrive til mid December. So far , nothing out of the ordinary for furniture orders in my experience. We were told that every item is opened $ inspected before delivery, but when our furniture arrives two of the six chairs are missing and one is damaged. We call immediately and are told the new chairs will arrive within the week.but they never come. We are told that the chairs will be shipped directly to us via ups, but again they don't arrive. At this time we are told to track the items through ups only to find out that they shipped with fed ex, but shipped to two different locations. Two chairs go to new jersey. One chair goes to Brooklyn. Apparently they were never coming directly to my home. I still  don't know why we were told they were. We are told no less than three separate times that we should expect delivery on a specific day. We took off work to wait and the chairs don't come. After the second time waiting for delivery we complain and are told by a customer service agent that we will be compensated for the cost of two chairs minus the discount we received upon ordering. A total of $418. Finally after three solid months, we receive delivery of two completely un-assembled chairs and the following day one more chair back. The man who delivered them dumped them on my floor and intended to leave us to assemble them until my husband reminded him of the " white glove service" we were supposed to receive.   A week and a half later we haven't heard anything about the refund we were offered, I call to remind mike, the vp about our previous conversations and today, I get an email from customer service stating that they have denied our"claim" because they feel that they have" fulfilled the order as invoiced" I have never dealt with a less competent more dishonest group of people. I saw a lot of negative reviews about them  when I was shopping,but ignored because I just didn't believe they could be as bad as what I was reading, but they are that bad. All the reviews I had read were about post ordering customer service issues. It seems that they get your order and then it's all downhill. Unfulfilled promises, lies and incompetence. Truly because of their pricing I had intended to purchase furniture for a couple more rooms in my house from this company but now I'm telling everyone to avoid this company. There are way too many online retailers out there to give business to such an awful company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diningroomsoutletcom/Brooklyn-New-York-11232/Diningroomsoutletcom-Bedroomfurniturediscountscom-Dishonest-business-taken-to-a-new-lev-1114023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diningroomsoutlet.com