Complaint Review: Direct Auto Insurance

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: bluebox42 — East Dundee Illinois
Direct Auto Insurance
330 South Wells Suite 910 Chicago, Illinois USA

Direct Auto Insurance-Accurate Auto Insurance Worst Company Ever! Chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: The Denial Letter

I have full coverage auto insurance and my vehicle was totalled. It took this company over 30 days for a response. They denied my claim saying I had disclosed drivers in  my household, one is not even a permanent resident, but residing with me temporarily with her own car and own auto insurance. the other is my 15 year old son who turned 15 in January of this year. Now I have to continue to fight with them, the adjuster is so unprofessional, I'm not sure a fast food chain would even hire her to tend to customers publicly.

It had been more stressful dealing with them, than the actually roll over accident due to icy conditions. they actually requested that i go pick up my totalled vehicle and pay 450 dollars. which is out of state. Worst company ever!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Auto-Insurance/Chicago-Illinois-60118/Direct-Auto-Insurance-Accurate-Auto-Insurance-Worst-Company-Ever-Chicago-Illinois-1132696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Auto Insurance

The Denial Letter

AUTHOR: bluebox42 - ()

I just received the denial letter, which I had to call for as it has been two weeks since they said they were mailing it out. It just says that I had undiscosed information and that is the reason for the denial. It does not state what is undisclosed. I just signed up with another insurance company, to insure a car that a friend is going to loan me, and explained every single person living in my home, my daughter and my son. They said I do not have to add them on my policy as my son is only 15 and my daughter has her own car and own insurance. She is only tempoarily staying with me, to help me get back and forth to work, but I figured I would run it by the insurance company, just to see what they had to say. They said, she was not required to be on my policy. Direct Auto is trying to frustrate me until I give up. There was no other car involved, I only made a property damage claim. Thankfully so, as I would hate to put another party through what I am going through.