Complaint Review: DIRECT ENERGY

• Updated: Fri, August 21, 2009

• Reported By: Eric — USA
DIRECT ENERGY
Greenway Plaza Houston, Texas United States of America

DIRECT ENERGY Fraudulent Charges, Disgraceful Customer Service, Unorganized and Unapologetic Houston Texas

I would like to detail the horrible experience I am having dealing with Direct Energy.  I sold my home and vacated the home on 4/30/09.  On April 20,2009 I called to schedule a MVO.  The MVO was never processed.  I callled several times after continuing to receive bills.  Many times I was given the runaround, attitude, and many times there is no record of me calling.  I was offered no help, was treated poorly, and the lack of respect by Direct Energy representatives has been appauling.

I finally filed a complaint with the BBB on 6/20/09.  As a result of the complaint.  Direct Energy found that I should not have been billed past 4/30/09, as a new resident was occupying my home.  My account was closed, and my balance made zero.  In fact, I was issued a credit for 21.60.

Well, after thinking this ordeal was finally solved, I was once again charged by Direct Energy on my credit card for 162.52 on 8/4/09.  I called Direct Energy immediately, and of course they have no record of my BBB claim, no record of my account being closed and set to zero.  I have re-opened my complaint with the BBB.  I also notified my credit card of fraudulent charges to my card by Direct Energy.  I have also filed a complaint with the Texa s Utilities Commission.

I want this issue resolved, my account closed, and a refund of 162.52 placed on my card immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2009 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-ENERGY/Houston-Texas-/DIRECT-ENERGY-Fraudulent-Charges-Disgraceful-Customer-Service-Unorganized-and-Unapologet-483490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT ENERGY