Complaint Review: DIRECT EXPRESS

• Updated: Sun, June 02, 2013

• Reported By: Cher123 — Zeeland Michigan
DIRECT EXPRESS
Direct Express®, Payment Processing Services P.O. San Antonio, Texas USA

DIRECT EXPRESS DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DIRECT EXPRESS FOR GOV DEPOSITS!! DISHONEST, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, HAS TAKEN MY MONEY!! San Antonio Texas

Do NOT sign up for Direct Express to have your government ssi funds deposited into!!! Very poor quality company!!

April 1, 2013 I called them to have my government ssi deposited onto a card, monthly.  I was told it would take 2 - 4 wks processing time.  It was 8 wks yesterday.  I called Direct Express, and they have told me that they put my funds on a 2 year old card, that ws expired, and was never registered!!!!   They now tell me I will have to wait for another card!!! or pay $14.30 to have them "ups" me another card. When asked on the phone if I had an old card, I told them NO.  They said they would be mailing me a new card then..  When speaking with a supervisor, I was informed that it ws MY fault that I did not tell the customer service person when applying that my card was expired???? what??? I never had a registered card... and never would have known anything about an expired card that was never used???

When asking the supervisor if they had a tracking number for me for them to send this card, they said NO.  That they would not have it until it was actually sent. . ? what????  I asked if they could send me this i nfomration wheni the card was sent, so I could track this.. the supervisor said .. NO.. they have no way of doing that??  what??

I was also told by the customer service person before I asked for the supervisor, that they had typed in the incorrect address for me, for them to send a card to me??? what??  yet the supervisor states that this is my fault? and my responsibility due to them putting funds on an expired card, that I never registered???

When asking the supervisor if they could send these funds back to ssi.. as I did not want to use Direct Express, they said NO.. that the money was already on the card.. that I didn't have!!

Direct Express also lied and told me that I never called them.. but tha I called Social Security initially to have this deposited..  this is absolutely not true.  I called social security as well, to verify this.. and they have verified that I did NOT call them.. as they had NO record of this.. and referred me back to DIRECT EXPRESS!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON??

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DIRECT EXPRESS!!!  VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.. DISHONEST.. NOT TRUSTWORTHY.. MESSING WITH PEOPLES SECURITY AND LIVES.. NOT RELIABLE..

I will update to let this site know if the card has arrived, as promised, and as I have paid $14.50 for, to arrive to me in 2 business days (told it would arrive June 4th!)  The alternative was to trust them, and have them supposeably send a new card, taking 5 - 9 business days, for me to have my ssi funds!!!  To my knowledge UPS does not even mail things such as a small debit card!! I confimred with the supervisor that it was UPS..  To my knowledge FedEx would be the one to deliver small letter packages of this kind???

DO NOT SIGN UP!  VERY BAD COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-EXPRESS/San-Antonio-Texas-78224-5998/DIRECT-EXPRESS-DO-NOT-SIGN-UP-WITH-DIRECT-EXPRESS-FOR-GOV-DEPOSITS-DISHONEST-POOR-CUST-1055736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT EXPRESS