Complaint Review: Direct Gardening

• Reported By: The Garden master — Lockport New York
Direct Gardening
1704 Morrissey Drive Bloomington, Illinois USA

Direct Gardening false advertising on their guarantee Bloomington Illinois

Directgardening.com is not the place you want to shop at for a good buying experience. They have a guarantee promise that is very mis-leading.

Last year I ordered some hazelnut trees from them. I knew they were dead when I received them, but I planted them anyways. A couple of months later when no foliage at all appeared, I followed there guarantee process that said to send a letter with the original shipping label. Eventually they sent me replacements no charge but they were dead on arrival as well. I planted them anyways. A couple of months later I followed their guarantee policy again. That was a month ago.
When I called them today they said that the guarantee ran out because it was over a year since the original order. I tried to reason with the customer service represenative but to no avail. I asked her how you could consider the guarantee period over when you sent me dead trees to begin with. She said that just because they shipped me dead trees that did not extend the guarantee period.

This is ridiculous. They make you wait 10 weeks before you can request replacements. I have planted a lot of things in my lifetime and I know when something is dead before I put it in the ground. A simple scratch test is sufficient.

This is just a heads up to anybody else out there that wants to order some from these people online.

Find some place that has a better reputation......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Gardening/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/Direct-Gardening-false-advertising-on-their-guarantee-Bloomington-Illinois-1086646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Gardening