Complaint Review: Direct Gardening

• Submitted: Mon, October 09, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 09, 2006

• Reported By:Morgantown West Virginia
Direct Gardening
1704 Morrissey Drive Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 309-662-7943
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Direct Gardening, House Of Wesley, KELLY NURSERIES, ROYAL DUTCH, BURGESS SEED AND PLANT COMPANY, HONEYCREEK Mail Order Plant Nursery Rip-Off,want low quality dead plants here's your chance! Bloomington Illinois

After doing some research on this company thru the BBB I found the following. They have 488 complaints in the last 36 months alone. I don't have any idea how they are allowed to stay in business.

If you have been ripped off by this company stand up you for yourself & others report this company to the following and make them accountable.

Contact the following

Consumer Protection Division of Central Illinois
1776 E. Washington St.
Urbana, IL 61802
(217) 278-3366

Here are some of the details of the my dealings with Direct Gardening.

I spent $75.34 for dry twigs and mold. The low quality plants arrived either with fungus on them or completely dehydrated (literally crumbled in my hands).

I waited the 6 weeks recommend by Direct Gardening which takes you out of the refund range. So now I am stuck in a bizarre exercise trying to receive credit for dead plants. I am not particularly excited to receive credit and order from this company again however once I receive my credit I plan on ordering and hopefully will terminate this relationship.

I have corresponded with Direct Gardening three times in the last two months. Each time I detail the plants that have died by Item#, quantity, price paid while including the original shipping label as Direct Gardening requires. Each time Direct Gardening returns my correspondence asking for information already included.

It is my opinion that Direct Gardening intentionally makes refunds and credit requests for poor quality plants as difficult as possible on the customer. They wear out there customers who get feed up and move on.

By the way I am not a beginner gardener. I have been gardening for over 25 years and this is without question my most unrewarding gardening experience!

Vincent
Morgantown, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2006 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Gardening/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/Direct-Gardening-House-Of-Wesley-KELLY-NURSERIES-ROYAL-DUTCH-BURGESS-SEED-AND-PLANT-CO-214914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Gardening