Complaint Review: Direct General Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Fri, November 08, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: aliyahsmommy — Texas
Direct General Insurance Co.
1281 Murfreesboro Rd. Nashville, Tennessee USA

Direct General Insurance Co. Direct GeneralDirect Insurance Ripoff is the most accurate word for this POS insurance!! Nashville Tennessee

I signed up for this insurance because I am a recently single young mother and I could afford it. Their stupid motto 'We'll do right by you.' is complete bull. I need help not another stress on my shoulders!!!! NO MATTER WHAT, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of a human being.

Even when I call the AGENT line the same B**** operator doesn't let me finish what I'm asking for and forwards me to the automated system. Where there is no extension to speak to a representative what-so-ever. When you select the option number that best represents what you're trying to accomplish, you must enter your (1) Zipcode (2) Birthdate-MM/DD/YYYY (3) and 9 digit policy number...

YES, I have this memorized from doing it 6,000 times! Every single time I enter my birthdate it tells me it isn't valid, like I don't know the date I was born.. So there has been no way at all for me to get to my account information. The ONE time I got to speak to a person, she told me my INS was cancelled because of lack of payment!

I told her I had been trying to speak to something other than a computer for weeks! They let my insurance lapse, and now that I'm trying to get it transferred to a new car I recently purchased I can't because the automated system is a joke. This insurance is a joke.

Their claim to do right by me is the cherry on top to this s***** year I've had. DO NOT GET INSURANCE HERE! It is cheap for a reason! I'd rather pay triple this than deal with these "people"/computers!!! Thanks a lot Direct General Insurance Company!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-General-Insurance-Co/Nashville-Tennessee-37217/Direct-General-Insurance-Co-Direct-GeneralDirect-Insurance-Ripoff-is-the-most-accurate-w-1097959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct General Insurance Co.