Complaint Review: Direct Source Copiers, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 05, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Cincinnati Spanish School — Cincinnati Ohio
Direct Source Copiers, Inc.
33175 California 79 #442 Temcula, California USA

Direct Source Copiers, Inc. Another Rip Off from Direct Source Copiers Temcula California

We purchased a Rioch 201SPF from this distributor.  I used to work for Ricoh, and so wanted to have a quality product.  However, the devide arrived defective and would not make double-sided copies.  When I called DSC, they tried to tell me that I had installed it incorrectly and sent an installer out to resolve the issue at a cost of $100 to me.  DSC was supposed to send me free toner in exchange for this cost, but never did.

The installer was not able to replicate the problem while he was there.  The device seemed to work for about another 3 days, then stopped making double-sided copies.  I tried multiple times to reach DSC, and they would not return my calls and emails.  Finally, I got the BBB involved.  After 3 months of back-and-forth, DSC simply said there were no refunds or exchanges and they would not resolve the issue for me.  I fully admit that I signed a contract that stated no refunds or returns, but for a FUNCTIONING device.  It's not like we changed our minds or wanted something else.  We just wanted a working device.

I wish we had read the reviews on this website before we purchased from DSC.  It appears that this is not the first time this has happened, and the distributor does nothing to rectify the situation.  I am considering hiring an attorney just to put these people in their place.  I have been able to find out along the way that the owners are a couple - David and Tracey, and they are clearly scam artists.  They must be selling damaged devices, and scamming people into signing a contract that states no returns.  They get their money, and then have no responsibility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Source-Copiers-Inc/Temcula-California-92592/Direct-Source-Copiers-Inc-Another-Rip-Off-from-Direct-Source-Copiers-Temcula-Californi-1121040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Source Copiers, Inc.