Complaint Review: direct tv

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: danny — newnan Georgia
direct tv
P.O. box 6550 Greenwood village , Select State/Province USA

direct tv c el segundo,c.a. 90245 c.a.

*Consumer Suggestion: This will fix your issue

i called up directtv to get direct tv and they told me my tv service would be better ,it is not . they also told me that if i used there internet or bundeled with them it also would be better and cheaper it is not . My direct tv has went out several time .My internet is the worst i have ever had with VIASAT exide .They also did not make it clear that i was in a contract for 24 months you only sign when they install the dish on the roof and you might think you are signing for the equipment.I have trying to talk to a supervisor at the bundalling office and they told me he was buisy and would call back in no longer than 48 hrs. but he did not . I think my direct tv should help me get out of both of the contracts if they are not what direct tv told me they would be .also both direct and viasat asked what i did with both sevices and i told them i have a large family ,we use the internet for school work and play .It really sucks . I could use the tv sevice untill my contract is up and tell everyone i know that  in my area it is not that great like they said it would be ,but they say they have no contol over the internet service there bundalling specalist connected me withthe internet service and i dont think that sould be right .viasat is not worth the money at all to.

also it took me a long time to do this because my service is so bad and my computer is runing so bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/direct-tv-/Greenwood-village-Select-StateProvince/direct-tv-c-el-segundoca-90245-ca-1050771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on direct tv

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This will fix your issue

AUTHOR: Psiborg - ()

I spent many years clearing up issues for DTV ( I am an independent Satellite/Cable Contractor with 20 yrs in the field ) your complaint against them is the most common. Contact B.E.A.R. Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair ( they oversee and enforce rules for satellite and cable tv providers. website is - www.bhfti.ca.gov/    and file a complaint. Before you do that I advise you contact DTV head office at the toll free number as you are more then likely getting one of their Sub-contracted Sales / Install companies. I worked primarily in Ca but traveled the US setting up Hubs in small towns for them. The training they provided their people was minimal and taught by mostly hacks. The majority of complaints I handled were in Southern Cal and many of the people I gave this same advice too got results by calling the corp number and advising them they were filing a complaint with BEAR.

This usually results in either them making you happy or breaking the contract and parting ways. I can tell you the the subs for DTV have a history of poor service and incompetent install and repair. I Hope this works quickly for you.

Note - after working for a couple of years curing their issues they did not pay 2 very big invoices on jobs I did. They were threatened legal action by 2 well known celebs in So Cal who were very happy after I went in fixed very badly botched and incomplete jobs. I was owed over $600 for equipment alone ( DTV had me provide needed equipment and usually paid me back ) This was another Sub company that did not pay ( out of Burbank, CA ) and then weny belly up just before I filed legal action.